The on-again, off-again rumors for a Silent Hill reboot are on again. Once thought to be debunked, an industry insider took to Twitter earlier this week to claim the reboot is happening and is a PS5 exclusive.
The insider, known as Dusk Golem on social media, made his case overnight Thursday. First of all, – he said – Konami started a Silent Hill reboot in 2018. The company even interviewed two candidates for the game’s director, but neither landed the job.
The insider went on to say he learned the company was still working on the reboot in 2019. After claiming to do some investigation, there are several details he said are confirmed:
- It is developed by Sony Japan Studios as a PS5 exclusive.
- Toyama is directing.
- Akira Yamaoka is composing, Masahiro Ito is doing art, various Siren/Gravity Rush devs and others are working on it.
- It has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that probably is not happening.
- The game is not a remake.
Dusk Golem went on to say the Silent Hill reboot is aimed at being someone’s first of the series.
The most exciting tidbit was also the last one shared. The insider said there is already a playable demo out there. He went on to say industry people will get their hands on the demo soon after a reveal.
and let me do it. https://t.co/2sCJ8WTGQk
— Cory Balrog ? (@corybarlog) May 16, 2020
Silent Hill Reboot Already Playable?
He didn’t say when to expect the demo. It’s thought Sony is planning a PS5 event for next month. While most believe it will be all about showing off the new console, blockbuster games announcements could be an excellent addition.
If the game has a demo, it’s further along than anyone expected. The comments from Cory Barlog saying he wanted to direct a Silent Hill game appears to be less of rumor fodder than just his honest wish.
If the purported reboot is real, the gaming public should find out soon.