You can now get your hands on a physical copy of Stardew Valley for PC and Nintendo Switch. The game is available to purchase through Fangamer, the company responsible for creating physical copies of other popular indie titles such as Celeste and Shovel Knight as well. There are two copies available for Stardew Valley, a standard edition and a collector’s edition.
I'm really pleased to announce a physical version of Stardew Valley for Switch & PC! This is in collaboration with @Fangamer and there is both a standard edition and a collector's edition w/ bonus goodies. Pre-orders are now available: https://t.co/u0Cp2PAyms pic.twitter.com/VbqK7Koylh
— ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) July 30, 2020
The full collector’s edition includes a variety of extras, while the standard edition will just feature the game. Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition includes the following:
- Deluxe six-piece wooden standee made from responsibly sourced birch and cherry wood (measures 4.5 x 4 x 4 inches; some assembly required).
- Wooden lapel pin made from the same eco-friendly wood as the standee
- 14-page Junimo comic by Chihiro Sakaida, the artist of the Before the Farmer comic
- Deed to your farm featuring gold-foil details on paper made from 30% recycled straw (a byproduct of actual farming!)
- Collector’s Edition box made from sturdy, high-quality materials featuring artwork by Kari Fry, the artist behind the Stardew Valley Guidebook
- Physical copy of the game on your choice of a platform with 18-page, full-color illustrated instruction manual and double-sided cover with Joja theme on the inside
- Soft polyester-nylon blend cleaning cloth designed by Chihiro Sakaida
- For a limited time: Bonus poster for preorders until August 15th (measures 10″ by 16″, folded)
Along with the announcement, Fangamer released a trailer showing off the game and the extra goodies that come with the collector’s edition.
Physical copies of the game will also come with version 1.4, and free updates available for download as soon as they are released. Stardew Valley originally released digitally in 2016 and was designed by Eric Barone. The standard edition of the game is available for $34 for the Nintendo Switch and $29 for PC. While the collector’s edition for Nintendo Switch is $69 and $64 for PC.