The Mandalorian has seen its fair share of guest stars throughout its two seasons, from comedians to veterans from the Star Wars universe. Now, another sci-fi icon will be making an appearance in season 3. The Hollywood Reporter reports that none other than Christopher Lloyd will guest star in The Mandalorian season 3. That’s right, The Doc himself will be just one of the guest stars to come through the Disney Plus original’s universe. The sci-fi icon has brought to life some of cinema’s most beloved characters like Uncle Fester Addams of The Addams Family films and, most famously, Dr. Emmett Brown from the Back II The Future franchise. According to IMDB, there hasn’t been any confirmation about who Lloyd will play. However, the icon will appear in the first episode. Lloyd could be cast as virtually anyone from an alien merchant to a droid assassin.
The Mandalorian Guest Stars
The Mandalorian has done a masterful job of guest appearances, surprising us with the who’s who of sci-fi cinema–some of which did such a phenomenal job that they’re now getting a series of their very own. Here are some of the guest stars who have been cast in The Mandalorian so far:
- Nick Nolte– The Ugnaught mechanic Kuiil who helps the Mandalorian in season 1 was voiced by Nick Nolte.
- Taika Waititi– Thor:Ragnarok‘s director was the voice behind IG-11 in season 1–the droid assassin who sacrifices himself to save Grogu from captivity.
- Bill Burr– Funnyman Bill Burr appears in both seasons 1 and 2. He plays mercenary Migs Mayfeld.
- Sasha Banks– Pro wrestler Sasha Banks appears in season 2 of The Mandalorian as female Mandalorian Koska Reeves.
- Paul Sun-Hyung Lee– The Kim’s Convenience star appears in season 2 as the New Republic pilot Captain Carson Teva.
- Mark Hamill– This Star Wars legend needs no introduction. Look out for him in season 2 playing…well, you know who he plays.
- John Leguizamo– Comedian John Leguizamo lends his voice in season 2 as the Abyssin gambler Gor Koresh.
- Rosario Dawson– Rosario Dawson got her own Star Wars spin-off (currently in production) after only appearing in one episode of The Mandalorian as Jedi Ahsoka Tano.
- Natalia Tena– I bet you didn’t recognize this Game Of Thrones star in season 1 as the female mercenary Xi’an.
Who do you think Christopher Lloyd will play in season 3 of The Mandalorian? For more news about The Mandalorian cast, be sure to subscribe to The Nerd Stash.