Update 2.28 has just launched for Rocket League, gearing up the vehicular soccer game for the start of Season 11. There are many highlights in the new patch, such as Estadio Vida, now playable in Private Matches, Practice, and Free Play. Also, many bug fixes and changes are waiting for the players. All folks should briefly review the recent changes to this version before continuing their playthrough. Let’s review the Rocket League 2.28 update patch notes.
Patch Notes for the Rocket League 2.28 Update
Rocket League Radio
- Added a new “Esports” Playlist
- This new playlist will host all current and future Rocket League Radio tracks associated with the RLCS.
- Included tracks:
- Athena & smle – “Moment”
- Athena, smle & Isaac App – “Moment (Worlds Version)”
- Koven – “All We Needed”
- Hoaprox & YUAN – “Savior (feat. Haneri)”
- OddKidOut – “CODES (feat. Macntaj)”
- Isaac App – “Fall (Clean)”
Changes and Updates
- Starting with v2.28, Transparent Goalposts are permanently enabled for all players on all platforms.
- Some arenas have elements outside of the team’s goals that are connected to the Transparent Goalposts setting (for example: the wall fence posts on Farmstead).
- With the setting now permanently on, these elements will no longer block a player’s view when driving on or near a wall.
- The “Transparent Goalposts” checkbox has been removed from Settings -> Video.
Item Shop Notifications
- When notable or new items are live in the Item Shop, a new notification will sometimes appear at the top of the main menu.
- These notifications are enabled by default, and you can toggle them off and on in Settings -> Interface with the “Item Shop Notifications” box.
- Fixed cosmetic bugs:
- Hakkaa Decal for Octane (color adjustment)
- Huntress Decal (brightness and gloss fixes)
- Painted X-Devil and Takumi RX-T Car Bodies (trim appearance when using certain Decals
- Hanasha JRL: Multichrome Wheels (fixed appearance while in motion)
- Performed an optimization pass on Sovereign Heights and Deadeye Canyon (Oasis)
- Fixed an issue for PS4/Xbox where the game would freeze at the opening splash-screen for some players
- Fixed an issue where some players will load the game to a blank UI with no main menu screen
- Fixed a bug where a player may rarely become stuck in spectator mode
- [Xbox] Fixed a bug where hitting the select button to type causes the game to soft lock
- Fixed a bug preventing the Palm Tree Topper from appearing in player inventories
Rocket League and the 2.28 update are available on PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Epic Games Store and Steam).