As you level up, enemies get weaker. RPG players have followed this logic for decades. Santa Monica Studio twisted the formula in their latest entry, which left us wondering, what is the max level cap in God of War Ragnarok?
God of War Ragnarok is a titan of a game. You traverse all nine realms: Midgard, Muspelheim, Helheim, Alfheim, Nilfheim, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Svartalfheim, and Asgard. As Kratos’ abilities grow, you gain access to new areas, alternating confrontations, and small puzzles. Wait, why am I not leveling up?
We tell you all about Kratos’ levels in the new installment of the saga: how it works, what to do to level up, and what is the max level cap in God of War Ragnarok.
Kratos’ level: What it is and How it Works
First of all, Kratos’ level is not related to what you kill. Let’s be clear: you will not level up permanently by killing monsters.
- Kratos’ level is related to his stats.
- Kratos’ level does not go up by killing monsters.
- The higher your stats are, the higher Kratos’ level will be.
- Kratos’ level will go down again if you take away your pieces of equipment.
Basically, reaching a higher level doesn’t necessarily make you stronger. Instead, the stronger you are, the higher level you have.
How to Reach the Max Level Cap in God of War Ragnarok
With this information in mind, you should already know that you will not reach the maximum level in God of War Ragnarok in the blink of an eye. Therefore, you need better armor and enchantments, which takes time.
- Get the best armor (it is Ivaldi’s, you can get it in Niflheim).
- Upgrade some talismans until you unlock three enchantment slots.
- Equip enchantments (you can get them randomly, but the legendary ones (yellow) always raise more points).
- With the pieces of some armor and legendary talisman at maximum, you can equip up to 12 enchantments, which bumps up your stats.
Is God of War Ragnarok Coming To PC? Answered
What is the Max Level Cap in God of War Ragnarok
The max level cap in God of War Ragnarok is level 9.
Disappointing, right? What counts when determining Kratos’ power is the Power Level (God of War 1 fans are getting a fanservice here).
Power Level is based on the equipment Kratos is wearing. So if you want to improve yours, you should open your inventory and find the best gear. Better yet, let the game automatically sort it for you using L3!
God of War Ragnarok is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.