Fancy a journey back into madness? Red Hook Studios has you covered with the announcement for another major DLC entry for their tough-as-nails RPG Darkest Dungeon. Entitled The Color of Madness, it sounds like this will be a large, game-changing entry into the game, not dissimilar from the Crimson Court DLC released earlier this year.
You can view the full announcement here, but here’s a basic rundown of what you can expect from Darkest Dungeon: The Color of Madness. A comet has crashed into Miller’s farm just outside of the Hamlet. Those who witnessed it were blinded by a mysterious light, and no one has seen the family or workers since. The only clue that anything is still alive is the groaning sound that echoes from the ruins.
Sounds cheery, doesn’t it?
What this means for gameplay, however, is what makes it sound like The Color of Madness will be worth the admission. New features include:
- A new quest type that sounds an awful lot like a survival/horror mode. The announcement describes it with this: “Get lost in time and space as you confront unending waves of enemies, new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet. Survive as long as you can stomach, and compare your highest kill count with friends and rivals alike!”
- A new enemy type, the Miller and his workers, will be “spreading the all-consuming influence” of the comet. It sounds like another permanent status effect, similar to the titular Crimson Curse, may be coming to Darkest Dungeon.
- New resources and trinkets. Collect “comet shards” and trade them for powerful new items.
It sounds like there will be a new area to explore in The Color of Madness for these updates. There is no official release date or a price, but Red Hook anticipates an early spring release, and The Crimson Court cost $9.99, so that seems a likely comparison. We quite liked Darkest Dungeon, even during Early Access, and it has improved as more content has been added. Stay tuned for more details on The Color of Madness as they become available.
Latest posts by Jordan Baranowski (see all)
- Civilization VI: Rise And Fall Expansion Introduces The Dutch - December 12, 2017
- Here Are The Nominees For The 2018 Golden Globes - December 11, 2017
- Homefront Is Free Through Humble Bundle Until Tomorrow - December 8, 2017