Layers of Fear is now available as a Game Preview title on Xbox One, at a price of $12.99. Similar to Steam’s Early Access, this version will let you get play the game before its final release. The developer has stated the game is about 80% complete and features two to three hours of “polished gameplay”. The upcoming updates will mostly focus on bug fixes and adding additional content.
Being part of the program also allows you to submit feedback on the game. With the developer pledging to take your ideas and constructive criticism into consideration, and that they can impact the shape of the finished product.
Layers of Fear is a “psychedelic adventure horror game” about a madness-engulfed painter striving to create the work of his life. The game has you learning the dark story of his past while gathering carefully crafted personal items that can be found in the game. Featuring a constantly shifting house full of supernatural phenomena, where each move of the camera can change the environment. The thick atmosphere will keep you on edge at all times, building the mood layer by layer. The game has been developed in Unity Engine, presenting an uncanny focus on detail and visual aesthetics. Drawing heavy inspiration from the masterpiece paintings from past centuries.
Layers of Fear claims to be a truly unique experience on the market, with the game featuring the following
- A psychedelic horror game where each turn of the camera may change the look of your surroundings.
- Deep insight into the madness that entwines a human being.
- Inspired by the masterpiece paintings from the past centuries, and the architecture and décor from the XIX century
- A thick atmosphere that will make you feel on-edge throughout the whole game.
Layers of Fear is out now on Steam Early Access for Windows PC, Mac, Linux, as well as the Game Preview program for Xbox One.
Latest posts by Brian Cowan (see all)
- Shovel Knight The Definitive Soundtrack Announced - October 30, 2016
- Natural Disasters Hit Cities: Skylines in New Trailer - October 25, 2016
- Paizo Announces Pathfinder Worldscape Comic - October 20, 2016