If you thought you had enough Stellaris in your life, you thought wrong. Not only will we continue to get our favorite dev diaries every Monday until its release in June, Stellaris will now continue in our lives every Extraterrestrial Thursday.
This is a new video series — Paradox’s Twitch account as well as their Youtube channel — in which ” Martin “Wiz” Anward and Anders “cKnoor” Carlsson take the Blorg to space in our weekly Stellaris stream”. Yes, the Blorg. A sentient fungal people that love everyone but themselves. This video will introduce you to the components of species creation and some of the opening moments of a proper Stellaris game. Enjoy…
With the Blorg trying to aggressively befriend the galaxy into their spore-infested tentacles, we can see the peerless opportunity for stellar role playing. Every trait and facet of your civilization will change small but meaningful aspects of your species. Even governmental systems locked behind certain barriers that are directly connected to the Ethics that you choose; you know that each game will play vastly different from the last.
Stellaris is shaping up to be a very dense yet accessible grand strategy game; possibly the most “beginner” friendly game yet.
- Anomaly Events – Strange discoveries offer emergent storytelling.
- Deep & Varied Exploration.
- Enormous procedural galaxies, containing thousands of planets.
- Numerous playable species, each with their own traits and engineering styles.
- Vast number of Unique Random Species.
- Advanced Diplomacy system.
- Ship Designer (even civilian ships can be customized).
- Stunning space visuals.
- Up to 32 player Multiplayer.
Let us know what you think about the Blorg and their fungoid expanse. Do you like the creation system as well as the ability to make a nuances, albeit flawed, species?