In Coral Island, you can change up your everyday routine by adopting a pet that can be taken from the animal shelter. Down below, we’ll run you through all the pets and how to adopt them in Coral Island. The game offers as many as 20 animals to choose from, but you can own not more than one at the same time, which can be disappointing. Before a pet can appear on your land, you need to meet several conditions, starting with increasing the town rank and ending with purchasing a place for your pet to spend the night.
Coral Island: How to Adopt Pets
You will need to fulfill several conditions before adopting a pet. The first of them is to reach town rank E, the second is to buy a place for the animal to sleep. Many players don’t fully understand how to do this, so let’s talk about each of the conditions in more detail.
Increase the Town Rank
First and foremost, you will have to raise your town rank to E because without it, you can’t adopt a pet. This can be done in various ways that will increase your value in the community:
- Clean Up the Ocean: Once you unlock the Diving activity, you can dive into the ocean to help heal the coral site. Collect garbage, complete Dr. Ling’s quests, and you’ll see your town rank grow rapidly.
- Donate to the Museum: Another suitable option is to donate various items and artifacts to the Starlet Town Museum. Bring to Scott all the things you find that can be valuable to the museum, such as Artifacts, Fossils, and Gems, to get some points to increase your town rank.
- Lake Temple Offerings: After completing the Mythical Dream Quest, just like the museum, you can donate the items you find to the Lake Temple to restore the relationship with the Goddess and the Giants. As in previous cases, you can increase your town rank by doing so.
When your town rank is finally raised to E, you can proceed to fulfill the next condition.
Buy a Pet Bed or Pet House
The second condition is to provide comfortable housing for the pet you want to adopt. There are 2 options to choose from:
- Pet Bed: The pet will sleep with you in your home in its own bed. The price is 500 coral coins.
- Pet House: The pet will have a separate house in the yard where it can live. The price is 3,000 coral coins.
Depending on your financial situation and wishes, you can choose any of these options. Pets don’t care whether they live in a bed or a house, so it’s up to you.
Coral Island: All Pets
So, when both conditions are met, you can finally adopt a pet. To do this, go to the animal shelter and choose a pet of your choice. You don’t need to just go for a cat or a dog, either. In fact, you can even opt to befriend a rabbit, a lizard, or a fox. If you still have doubts, here is a complete list of all the animals in Coral Island:
|Type of animal
Remember that you can only adopt one animal, so choose wisely so that you don’t regret it later.
Related:Coral Island Enchanting Guide
Coral Island is available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.