The 2.14 update has arrived for Apex Legends, and here is the complete list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The free-to-play battle royale-hero shooter game has been around for a while and receives updates regularly. Respawn Entertainment is rolling out a new patch which points out the Spellbound Collection Event and a bunch of changes. Make sure you get the latest version for a better Apex Legends experience. Check out the Apex Legends 2.14 update patch notes below.
Apex Legends Update 2.14 Patch Notes
Control Limited – Time Mode is Back
During the Spellbound Collection Event, Control returns: you play 9 vs. 9 and battle to control Zones on the map with infinite respawns. Control will be available to play at:
- Storm Point: Barometer
- World’s Edge: Lava Siphon
- Olympus: Hammond Labs
Game Mode Updates
- Join In Progress extended further into the match ( Matchmaking will try to fill empty player slots until 1 team has a score of 625 or there is a score difference of 300 between the teams)
- Players that join a match in progress get some helpful boosts for their first spawn:
- Skip the first spawn wave
- Spawn with Purple Armor and Helmet
- Get an entire Ratings Tier ( Purple Weapons and an Ultimate Charge)
- Added new end-of-match XP reward to Control (150 XP for completing a match).
- If a team is losing by a score of 62 or more, they skip spawn waves.
- Added Distance Indicator on the MRB in-world Icon.
- Added Time Remaining Indicator on the MRB spawn point Map Icon.
- Display a hint message when MRB placement is not possible explaining why placement is failing (too close to friendly or enemy Home Base, too close to a Zone).
- Bloodhound clues clean up after 30 secs instead of 90 secs.
- Clean up Bloodhound clues when the player that left them behind dies (except for the player death clue).
- Some more spawn tuning to further try to prevent players from spawning close to enemies.
- Set the Inventory Tab as the default ( instead of Scoreboard ) when accessing menus during gameplay.
- Updates to Loadouts in the Loadout Selection Menu based on Weapon Meta Changes
- Bug and Crash Fixes
Create Private Matches
Want to host your own tournaments? Private matches are now available for all players. Get ready to generate your own tournament codes and host custom private matches.
Spellbound Collection Event Items – Apex Legends Update 2.14 Patch Notes
Unlock 24 enchanting limited-time cosmetics, with Legendary skins for Vantage, Seer, Mad Maggie, Mirage, and more! All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Spellbound Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event. If you unlock all 24 cosmetics before the event is over, you’ll automatically receive Seer’s new Heirloom, the “Showstoppers”!
You can earn up to 1,600 points per day and challenges refresh daily. All these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass so you can complete multiple challenges at once.
Explore limited-time offers in the Store tab including “Cryptic Conjurer” and “Mischief Mage” bundles and don’t miss out on other offers like the “Silent Assassin” bundle (only available January 13th to 17th) or the “Sterling Prism” bundle (only available January 20th to 24th).
Patch Notes – Apex Legends Update 2.14 Patch Notes – Spellbound Collection Event
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier was reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
Bug Fixes – Apex Legends Update 2.14 Patch Notes – Spellbound Collection Event
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing the resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.
Apex Legends and the 2.14 update are available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch. For more information regarding this patch, visit the official Apex Legends site.