Call of Duty: Warzone has today launched its January 20 update, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. While today’s update acts mostly as a bug fix update, those who enjoy the melee weapons of Warzone are about to be very, very happy. The Katana is seeing a massive set of buffs, with damage and charge range seeing some major increases. While move speed is seeing a slight decrease, that can be forgiven with such large improvements. Other than that, like said the list of bug fixes is decent. It’s just nothing to write home about. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Call of Duty: Warzone in its January 20 update!
Call of Duty: Warzone January 20 Update Patch Notes
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the menu screen to flicker when attempting to join a friend or queue with a party.
- Fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain Weapons to fire continuously.
- Fixed an issue causing Private Lobby hosts to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and [TOP SECRET] Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun.
- Katana (VG)
- Damage increased from 135 to 150
- Standing Charge Range increased by 36.5%
- Crouching Charge Range increased by 17%
- Move Speed decreased by 2%
As you can see, that’s a hefty buff for the Katana. While it obviously won’t be trumping actual weapons thanks to, you know, range, it should be quite the dominating power in melee tier lists. You can also easily expect plenty of Katana montages over on YouTube as people use the changes in unexpected ways.