Chernobylite, a game developed by The Farm 51, is finally receiving another avenue of sales. Because of the partnership with All In! Games, the title will finally be coming to consoles. The game is currently available on Steam. It is also GOG, though the title is part of their ‘Games in Development’ list. Thanks to the teamwork of both the developer and publisher, Chernobylite will come to current and next-gen consoles.
“…Just a week after the successful premiere of Ghostrunner we can announce other important news. We believe that Chernobylite will be just as popular as our cyberpunk title…” states, Piotr Zygadlo, the CEO of All In! Games. They speak, of course, of their very successful Ghostrunner title.
The multi-console release is slated for sometime in 2021.
Chernobylite Story and Features
Chernobylite tells the story of the Chernobyl Disaster. On April 26th, 1986, Reactor No. 4 melted down during a routine exercise. Despite the precautions taken, the reactor eventually exploded, creating a chemical that is as unique as it is deadly.
Explore the disaster site from the safety of your home in Chernobylite. The game’s features are:
- Fully accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Exclusion Zone
- Non-linear science-fiction horror, allowing more freedom than other titles in the same genre
- Team up with or compete against other stalkers. Trust them only as long as their actions serve to meet your ends.
- Battle the elements while at the same time staving off supernatural threats
- Bloodthirsty monsters are tearing into this reality from another; it is your job to stop them
- Substance and environmental analysis tools are at your disposal as you explore the Exclusion Zone
If you can’t wait for the console release, Chernobylite is currently available on Steam. Anyone who plays through GOG exclusively may also have to wait for the full release. But they can still play the game as is.
Have you played the game yet? Will you be adding it to your console library? Let me know in the comments!