Update Sapphire Jackal for Company of Heroes 3 has arrived, and here are all the changes and improvements mentioned in the patch notes. Other than the fixes and gameplay changes mentioned in the patch notes, this update is also making some other interesting additions to the game. One of those is the addition of challenges mode. The new mode will give you daily and weekly challenges that will keep changing with time. The other major addition is a ton of cosmetic items that players can use to customize their characters. Here is the complete list of patch notes for the Sapphire Jackal update for Company of Heroes 3:
Company of Heroes 3 Update Sapphire Jackal Patch Notes
Changes & Fixes
This update for Company of Heroes 3 includes hundreds of bugfixes, changes and improvements. You will be able to review the full 1.1.0 patch notes when the update goes live tomorrow.
Some highlights include:
- A small update to the Unique Player Color option. Allies will now be cool colors and enemies will be warm colors
- Fixed several icons and portraits with the correct Company of Heroes 3 assets
- All new voiceover for Gurkha Infantry
- Audio adjustments for map pings
- Added an option to enable Exclusive Control Groups. With this option, squads only occupy one control group at a time, like in previous CoH games
- Fixed the Recently Played With list
- Adjusted territory layout on (8) Mignano Gap and made minor adjustments to Strategic and Victory Point locations on (6) Gazala Landing Ground
- Fixed several issues where bridges did not correctly have cover
- Bloom was removed and we fixed blur or “haze” on the maps
- And plenty of more additional changes and fixes for Audio, Art, Animation, UI/UX, and Maps
Though this update does not include what we consider a “full” balance pass, we have made several changes to help shake up multiplayer and co-op. We’ll be keeping an eye on your feedback and matches and will roll out further balance adjustments in a timely fashion.
Here is a quick summary of some of the changes, but for everything else, be sure to review the patch notes when this update rolls out.
We’ve implemented a small set of targeted changes to address US Forces Pathfinders, the Afrikakorps Carro Armato M13/40 tank and Airplane Loiters
- Pathfinders have had their utility and early power toned down
- The M13/40 has also seen some reductions in power
- Loiters have been toned down to be less oppressive
- Vehicles commanded to face in a different direction will turn properly instead of driving in circles
- Many tooltips and descriptions have been updated to better reflect the abilities, units, veterancy, and upgrades for greater clarity and information to the player.
Update Sapphire Jackal for Company of Heroes 3 is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and PC. For more information on future updates and patch notes, head over to the official Company of Heroes 3 website here.