DayZ has today launched update 1.14 over on PlayStation, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes available with this patch. As with most patches, today unfortunately doesn’t see much as far as actual content goes. Instead, the team is focusing on some bug fixes to help smooth out some of the more recent changes to the game. These come in the form of Contamination and crash fixes, all around aiming to strongly improve the game’s health. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with DayZ console update 1.14!
DayZ Console Update 1.14 Patch Notes
- Contaminated area safe position was located in a rock on Chernarus
- Attempted fix for a game freeze on the PS4
- LE-MAS was missing reload sounds in the prone stance (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160553)
- The stealth kill sometime failed to kill an infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160533)
- Player could shrink into a ball during certain animation transitions (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157495 – private)
- Adjusted the inventory preview of deployed fish traps
- Fixed: An error was thrown when specifying no PPERequesterType is cfgEffectArea
As you can see, there really is not much to talk about here. If you’re a server owner, I suppose the error there being fixed is a nice touch. Plus, many of those fixes are tangible and can provide genuine benefits to those experiencing the issues before. But all around, there isn’t much to run home about here. It won’t make anyone come back to the game, but with a recent major update being released, it doesn’t need to.
For the otherwise unaware, the most recent DayZ update prior to this introduced an entirely new Contamination mechanic, an exhaustible gas mak filter, new craftable items, weapon attachments, and much more! It was a big update from the team, so this update looks to calm things down and merely fix what’s just been added.
DayZ and console update 1.14 are available on PlayStation platforms, while the base game is also available on PC and Xbox One. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.