DC Comics has been around for 75 years and had the pleasure of seeing its gratuitously-muscled spandex-wearing heroes adapted to Hollywood productions, video games, and all manner of merchandise. Not to mention a fan base waging a never-ending war over the mechanics of pretty much everything in the DC universe. What medium is left to be conquered by the brightly-colored pages? Why, music, of course.
This isn’t the first time DC Comics has released a music soundtrack. July 15, 2016, will see the arrival of The Music of DC Comics, Volume 2. Available in vinyl or digital, the mix of tunes span a variety of canons, including Superman, Batman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and… something called Superpup? The full track list is below.
- The Baby from Krypton (Superman Radio Show)
- What Are You Going to do When You Are Not Saving the World? (Man of Steel)
- Superman Theme (Ruby-Spears Superman)
- Superman The Animated Series Theme
- The Flying Sequence/Can You Read My Mind?
- Fight Night (Dawn of Justice)
- Batman Theme
- Batman The Animated Series Theme
- The Ballad of Batman (The Brave and the Bold)
- Batman Takes Over (Batman and Robin)
- Why Do We Fall? (Dark Knight Rises)
- Christmas With the Joker/Jingle Bells Batman Smells
- Joker is Wild
- Mischief (Harley Quinn’s theme)
- Lex Luthor’s Lair
- Penguin Makes Moves (Gotham)
- Penguin’s Umbrella
- Challenge of the Superfriends
- Justice League of America Theme
- Supergirl Theme
- Robin’s Theme
- The Adventures of Superpup (TV pilot)
- Legends of Tomorrow Theme
- Get Your Cape On
- The Flash Theme (TV series)
- Flash Vs. Arrow
- Wonder Woman Theme
- Wonder Woman Theme (TV series season 3)
With superheroes continuing to make such massive comebacks in all forms of media, one has to wonder if they have any time off to kick their feet up at home anymore.
Matt Eschbach is a PC, Mac and Android indie game developer and fiction writer. His works have won multiple monetary awards from various contests. Graduating college in 2012 with a major in Game Design, Matt spends his time making stuff up and then building it. His favorite hobby… is sleeping.