Update 5.2.0 has arrived on all platforms for Dead by Daylight, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. The Hellraiser DLC has finally arrived, bringing with it the new Cenobite killer for players to toy around with (or scarily run from). This new killer uses a hook and chain to trap survivors in the realm, forcing them to take extra time to break free if they’re to escape. With subsequent chains causing additional problems, the Cenobite is sure to be a force to be reckoned with. That isn’t all that’s coming with this update though. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with Dead by Daylight update 5.2.0!
Dead by Daylight 5.2.0 Update Patch Notes
- Added an new Killer – The Cenobite
- Match Results – When players leave a Trial with a Limited Item (Example: The Nemesis’s Vaccine) they will now be notified that they do not get to keep it. It has been consumed by The Entity.
- Large Text Settings – The players can enable this option to enlarge all texts in the HUD, increasing readability.
- Skill Based Matchmaking will be enabled separately on September 8th at 11:00AM EDT.
- Visual Update of the Pallet
Grades and Grade Rewards
- Grades are replacing Ranks
- Grades are broken up into five groupings: Ash, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Iridescent
- Each grouping has four sub-groupings: IV, III, II, I
- Current Ranks will be translated into their corresponding Grade
- Rank 20 = Ash IV, Rank 19 = Ash III, Rank 18 = Ash II, Rank 17 = Ash I, Rank 16 = Bronze IV, etc.
- Grade Resets will happen on the 13th of each month, and all players will be reset to Ash IV for both Killer and Survivor, regardless of their previous Grade
- Bloodpoint rewards are given out when the reset occurs, based on your previous Grade
- It is no longer possible to lose enough pips to lose a Grade
The Nemesis Update:
- Movement speed while charging Tentacle Strike Tier 3 increased to 4.0m/s (was 3.8m/s)
- Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge effect duration increased to 60 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Iridescent Umbrella Badge effect duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds, but was erroneously displayed as 12 seconds)
- Ritual of The Nemesis reduced to reaching maximum Mutation Rate one time (was 4)
- Various bug fixes and improvements to address performance issues on the Family Residence, Sanctum of Wrath and Midwich Elementary School.
- Blood Lodge and The Game maps are re-enabled
- Updated a variety of survivors hair and facial hair cosmetics.
- Fixed an issue that caused killers not to hear several sounds for survivors not currently visible on screen. This includes, but is not limited to, footsteps when using the Spirit’s phase walk.
- Fixed an issue that may cause a hitch to occur when using the Dead Hard perk.
- Fixed an issue that may cause Dead Hard’s invulnerability not to coincide with the dash effect.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused survivors to keep some status effects, such as Lithe’s speed boost, for the remainder of the trial. The icon may now remain, but the effect will not be applied.
- Fixed an issue that caused bubble indicators not to appear for the Doctor when survivors reach a new madness level, scream while in tier 3 Madness, or fail Snap Out of It skill checks.
- Fixed an issue that prevented survivors from escaping the trial if Victor pounces on them near the exit gates.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors not to be revealed by Killer Instinct when performing actions near Victor.
- Fixed an issue that caused teachable perks to not be unlocked after being bought in the shrine.
- Fixed an issue that caused bots to not always heal each other when next to a generator.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused survivor bots to get stuck in front of a killer blocking a vault point.
- Fixed an issue that caused player names containing a ‘#’ to get truncated in game and on the tally screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a wrong benevolent emblem to be assigned.
- Fixed an issue that caused the unbreakable set to be breakable by the cosmetics previews in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused purchases to fail when buying multiple items in a row in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame hitches when a generator is repaired.
- Fixed an issue that caused frame hitches when a survivor is healed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the hook count and the generator count to overlap each other when spectating a custom game.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pause menu to open and close constantly when holding the Escape key.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tricksters’ charge indicator to carry over to other Killers after completing a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Prove Thyself icon to be displayed more than once in the HUD
- Fixed an issue that caused one hatch in the Treatment Theatre that can’t be opened with keys
- Fixed an issue that caused one side of generator cannot be repaired from Hawkins tile
- Fixed an issue that caused a survivor can remain stuck near one of the building in Dead Dawg Saloon
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse and Cenobite to teleport out of bounds on top of the basement in the east wing
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to clip into the stairs when cleansing a totem found under the stairs in some rooms in the Underground Complex
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to clip into the stairs when cleansing a totem found near the gallows in Dead Dawg Saloon
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor not being able to interact with one of the Nightmare’s clocks in Resident Evil map
- Fixed an issue that caused survivor to get stuck when cleansing a specific totem in the Disturbed Ward
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cow tree in the Farm map to have no collision and makes looping difficult
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision for survivor and killer when falling off one side of a Hill
- Fixed an issue that caused the color of the pallet to be less vibrant
- Fixed an issue that caused loss of progress. Additional issues are still under active investigation.
- The Cenobite’s power description is not using the latest version in all translated languages.
- The Chain Hunt activation audio notification plays for all Survivors while a Survivor is holding the puzzle box
- Some text relating to Grades and Grade Rewards has not been translated into non-English languages.
- The Dead Dawg Saloon map is disabled and is planned on being re-enabled on 5.2.1.
- Unable to make progress on the Punch Drunk Achievement.
- It is possible to stun The Nightmare using a Dream Pallet.
- Upcoming Boon Totem description is displayed in the Tutorials page.
- Larger text setting does not save after restarting the application (Consoles only).
Dead by Daylight and the 5.2.0 update are available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch devices. The base game is also available on mobile devices. For more information regarding this update, check out the official website.