The Vow of the Disciple is one of the most unique Raids in Destiny 2. Here, Guardians are just tasked with battling cosmic horrors, but also solving puzzles indicated with particular symbols or glyphs that will reward keen-eyed players with secrets and additional challenges. This guide will list all Vow of the Disciple Symbols and how to look for the secret room in the Destiny 2 Raid.
All Vow of the Disciple Symbols in Destiny 2
In total, there are 27 symbols in the Vow of the Disciple Raid, which you can find on walls and as projections from defeated Glyphkeepers. You’ll then have to figure out which symbols are needed to progress through the Raid. For that reason, you need to be familiar with the call-outs or names that players use to distinguish each symbol.
Thankfully, Destiny 2 Reddit users u/itsnon and u/nerdorado have compiled all Vow of the Disciple symbols, which you can see below. u/itsnon also used the “official” names for all the symbols — the name that shows up when you look at the icons and it appears under the radar in the upper left of your screen — which should be used as the most common call-outs amongst the Destiny 2 player base.
If you really need to learn the call-outs (so your Fireteam won’t roast you) though, you can take the Vow of the Disciple symbols quiz over at Todayatdestiny.com. Simply click on the More button on the top-right part of the page, select VotD Quiz, and try to remember which call-out you have to use for what symbol.
Vow of the Disciple Room Guide for Destiny 2
In the Vow of the Disciple Raid there are also secret symbol puzzles that will reward you with an extra chest guaranteed to contain a red or Deepsight Resonance weapon at the end of the Raid once a week per character. When you enter the Disciple’s Bog, look for a Totem with three symbols on it; those three will be randomly picked from 9 out of all the 27 Vow of the Disciple symbols. Then you need to find Cruxes of Darkness or a black hovering crystal to locate Vow of the Disciple’s secret room. Fortunately, the symbols will never change in one run so you and your Fireteam will just need to remember what you saw and focus on finding them.
- Pyramid Room: When you enter the pyramid and drop down to Disciple’s Bog, turn around. There should be a crystal, shoot it.
- Give Room: After the hallway with floating squares just before the Acquisition room, turn left, there’s a crystal high up the wall.
- Darkness Room: In the First Encounter or Acquisition room, look for a statue then shoot the crystal between its paws. Behind it should be the room.
- Traveler Room: After the First Encounter, go straight to the Collection room just before The Caretaker. At the far end of the room, go to the upper ledge by jumping on the statues. The crystal is behind a statue on top of the platform.
- Worship Room: After beating The Caretaker or the Second Encounter, look on the wall on the left side of the room for a crystal. The room is on the opposite side.
- Light Room: After the Second Encounter in the jumping puzzle room, on the left side look for a statue illuminated by light. Shoot the crystal above it.
- Stop Room: After you get into another room at the end of the jumping puzzle room, the crystal is along the back right wall.
- Guardian Room: At the Third Encounter or Exhibition room, head to the left towards the staircases. Jump across the platform at the top of the second staircase, then look behind the wall to find the crystal. Go back down and jump up the giant pillars for the room behind statues.
- Kill Room: After the Third Encounter just before the Final Boss, jump up to the top platforms. Turn around away from the Final Boss arena to find the crystal high up on the wall.