Developer Toukana Interactive has rolled out Dorfromantik patch 0.4, which bundles in a timely Winter update for the acclaimed calm and cozy tile-based city builder. We’ve rounded up the full Dorfromantik 0.4 patch notes detailing all the changes and additions to the game.
As above, Dorfromantik patch 0.4 is coined as a Winter update largely thanks to the introduction of Midwinter, a cozy new biome draped in a snowy coat and peppered with plenty of seasonally-appropriate details. Alongside, the patch introduces a slew of new challenges and achievements. Lastly, Dorfromantik patch 0.4 adds an in-game biome configuration tool. It allows players to change biomes on the fly without reverting to the main menu.
As expected, patch 0.4 incorporates several choice bug fixes, localization updates, and usability tweaks. You can read through these in the full Dorformantik 0.4 patch notes just below.
Dorfromantik Patch 0.4 Patch Notes – Winter Update
- Added the “Midwinter” biome, a cozy, snowy winter biome. During the holidays, the new biome will be unlocked by default, afterwards it will require Landscaper V to be completed.
- Added Challenge Puzzler VII
- Added Challenge Heavy Weight VII
- Added Challenge Landscaper V
- Added 3 new achievements corresponding to the new challenges above
- Updated German, French, Spanish, Latin American Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, Ukrainian and Arabic translations
- started reworking handling of objects in memory – this decreases RAM usage and loading times by up to 40% and improves general performance
- added biome configuration to enable or disable biomes in Classic mode
- turned Creative mode configuration into an overlay instead of a menu page
Dorfromantik Patch 0.4 – Bugfixes
- Preplaced Tiles no longer appear in Creative Mode
- Completed challenges now show their correct progress on their menu card and ingame icon
- Non-perfect lake edges (e.g. forest / lake, village / lake) no longer count towards puzzler challenge
Dorfromantik is out now for PC in early access on Steam.