Close Menu
  • Gaming
    • Game Guides
    • Codes
    • Game News
    • Game Previews
    • Game Reviews
    • Game Features
    • Game Lists
    • Platforms
      • Nintendo
      • PC
      • PlayStation
      • Xbox
      • Mobile
  • Entertainment
    • Movies
    • Movie Features
    • Movie Reviews
    • TV
    • Reality TV
    • Royals
  • Celebrity
    • Hollywood
  • Human Interest
  • Astrology
  • Videos
  • More
    • Anime
    • Lists
    • Podcasts
    • Reviews
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn YouTube
  • About Us
  • Join Our Team
  • Meet the Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Sitemap
  • Editorial Guidelines
  • Advertising Policy
The Nerd Stash
  • Gaming
  • Celebrity
    • Hollywood
  • Human Interest
  • Videos
The Nerd Stash
Home»EA announces No New Battlefield Games for a Couple of Years

EA announces No New Battlefield Games for a Couple of Years

Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen announced at the Nasdaq 35th Investor Program press conference that Battlefield won’t be returning for a couple of…

Andrew McMahonBy Andrew McMahonDecember 1, 20162 Mins Read
This article is over 9 years old and may contain outdated information.

Electronic Arts chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen announced at the Nasdaq 35th Investor Program press conference that Battlefield won’t be returning for a couple of years. The series has produced 11 games and 12 expansion packs since it’s inception in 2002, and with the exception of a few years (2003, 2007, 2012, 2014).

The announcement is interesting, as we have begun to see notable AAA studios tone down the yearly release schedules of affluent franchises – like Ubisoft with Assassin’s Creed – in favor of producing higher quality content. While this strategy certainly sounds reasonable, it’s important to note that EA will be releasing a sequel to Star Wars Battlefront in 2017.

“We were very excited about how Star Wars came out last year,” Jorgensen said. “It’s a beautiful game, people loved it. I think if there was criticism they just wanted more. And so we’re taking that criticism to heart as we build the next game and trying to address any of the issues that they had.”

Many of those criticism revolved around the lack of continued support for the game after it’s initial release, as fans felt the current four expansions added little variety, apart from new maps, at the price point for which they paid. As a result it should be intriguing to see if the company has laid out a new long term business model in regards to downloadable content and support for it’s games.

Battlefield
The fourth Battlefront expansion, “The Death Star” allows players to fight inside and out of the iconic structure.

Since it’s release on October 21, 2016, Battlefield 1 has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with many commending the improved single player and realistic combat.

As of now there have been no plans to release any additional content for the most recent installment in the franchise, beyond the four additional expansion packs they’ve already announced. For more information, be sure to check back to the site frequently for all your Battlefield, Battlefront and other gaming news!

Related Topics
Battlefield 1 Electronic Arts
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Email
Andrew McMahon
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Andrew has been in love with video game ever since his brother was forced by their parents to let him watch him and his friends play games like Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.

SUGGESTED READS

Destiny 2 Shadow and Order Delay
Game News

‘At This Point, I Don’t Think It’s Enough to Save the Game,’ Destiny 2 Players Heartbroken After Shadow and Order Delay

Human Interest

‘Cruelty is the Point’: Drawings and Letters Made by Children in Texas ICE Detention Camp Are Being Confiscated After Recent Leaks

Missouri Teen Says Her School Doesn’t Do Enough to Represent Black History Month
Human Interest

Missouri Teen Says Her School Doesn’t Do Enough to Represent Black History Month, ‘My School Ain’t Even Do Anything and My Principal is Black’ 

'The way we live in America is not normal,' Says Former Florida Woman After Receiving Superior Care in Germany
Human Interest

‘The way we live in America is not normal,’ Says Former Florida Woman After Receiving Superior Care in Germany

California Chase ICE
Human Interest

Concerned California Citizen Tries to Chase An Alleged ICE Agent Away With Some Questionable Methods, ‘I Was Expecting to See the Ending a Little Different’

How to Spectate a Trade in Adopt Me on Roblox
Game Guides

How to Spectate a Trade in Adopt Me on Roblox

The Nerd Stash
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
  • About Us
  • Join Our Team
  • Meet the Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Sitemap
  • Editorial Guidelines
  • Advertising Policy
© 2026 The Nerd Stash. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.