Elder Scrolls Online — or ESO for those short on time — released update 7.2.5 for PC players today, which includes the Deadlands DLC. The Deadlands DLC brings the Gates of Oblivion story to its conclusion, but I sincerely doubt that any of Mehrunes Dagon’s Daedra, cultists, or other baddies will stand in your way. It will probably just be a nice, calm walk through Tamriel! A happy ending for everyone. Let’s take a look at some more DLC details and some patch notes!
Elder Scrolls Online Update 7.2.5 and Deadlands DLC Patch Notes
The Deadlands DLC will also introduce the mysterious and really hard to get to city of Fargrave. Turns out in this neck of the woods the Daedra and mortals are at peace, and everyone gets along just fine, probably inviting each other over for BBQs and dinner parties. Are there any tensions bubbling just beneath the surface, ones that a certain god of destruction might be keen to exploit for his own benefit? You must be pretty pessimistic to think that!
What we do know is that update 7.2.5 along with the Deadlands DLC brings a ton of new features and bug fixes. Let’s take a look at everything in the DLC first.
- The Deadlands includes an exciting zone story, two new Delves, two powerful World Bosses, and new wandering Executioner bosses to show the ferocity of Mehrunes Dagon’s domain.
- Irncifel the Despoiler, Vorsholazh the Anvil, and Kothan the Razorsworn are the chosen executioners of Mehrunes Dagon, patrolling the Deadlands in search of challenges to prove themselves to the Prince of Destruction. These dangerous enemies, designed to be fought with a group of players, are relentless in their pursuit across Mehrunes Dagon’s domain.
- In addition to the Deadlands, mingle with the many denizens of Oblivion in the city of Fargrave!
- Complete the zone stories in both the Blackwood Chapter and The Deadlands DLC to unlock a bonus questline—the final confrontation with Mehrunes Dagon, Prince of Destruction!
- Obtain new Item Sets found only in the Deadlands, as described below, and new Outfit and Housing rewards for completing select achievements and quest content throughout the zone.
New Collectibles, Outfit Styles & Dyes
- The Spaulder of Ruin outfit style can be found as an Antiquity in the Deadlands.
- The Oblivion Explorer’s Headwrap is earned by obtaining the “Welcome to the Deadlands” achievement.
- The Ironclad Sarcoshroud hat can be found as an Antiquity in the Deadlands.
- The Incarnate Illusion Gem memento is obtained by earning the “Hopeful Rescuer” achievement.
- The Oblivion Explorer’s Outfit is acquired as a reward for completing “The Durance Vile” quest.
- Godgrave Soullatice Face and Body Markings are acquired as a reward for completing the quest “Against All Hope”.
- The Dremnaken Runt pet is awarded for completing the “Hope Springs Eternal” quest.
- The “Sunforge Patina” Dye is obtained by completing the “Hero of Fargrave” Achievement.
New Achievements & Titles
- The “Hero of Fargrave” title is awarded for completing the “Hero of Fargrave” achievement.
- The “Havocrel Hunter” title is awarded for completing the “Bane of the Havocrel” achievement.
- The “Catalyst Rivener” title is award for completing the “Hopeful Rescuer” achievement.
- The “Champion of the Deadlands” title is awarded for completing the “Eternal Optimist” achievement.
- The “Ardent Hope” title is awarded for completing the “Friend to the Kalmur” achievement.
- “The Wretched” title is awarded for completing the “Spire Sleuth” achievement.
- Ancient Daedric motif chapters and the associated style item, Pristine Daedric Heart, can be excavated as Antiquities from the Deadlands.
- House Hexos motif chapters and the associated style item, Etched Nickel, can be earned as rewards for completing daily quests in the Deadlands.
A variety of new furnishings await in the Deadlands, including:
- A selection of new Fargrave and Deadlands-styled furnishing plans, which can be obtained from monsters and containers across the Deadlands and Fargrave.
- A modest selection of new Home Goods furnishings can be purchased from Nif of Felicitous Furnishings in Fargrave, including Deadlands flora, as well as a limited selection of Fargrave themed furnishings.
- Various Deadlands-themed achievement furnishings can be purchased from Ulz of Felicitous Furnishings in Fargrave, provided you’ve proven yourself worthy by completing their associated achievements.
- New Deadlands-themed Antiquity furnishings, including a visually striking enchanting table!
- Seventeen new Deadlands structural furnishing plans, which can occasionally be found when completing Daedric Portals in the Deadlands.
Elder Scrolls Online Update 7.2.5
There is so much going on here that we cannot cover it all. For the full developer notes on changes and bug fixes, you can check out our handy list of links below:
- Chapters & DLCs, including:
- Clockwork City
- Dragon Bones
- Horns of the Reach
- Imperial City
- Shadows of the Hist
- Thieves Guild
- Waking Flame
- Combat & Gameplay Updates, including:
- Combat & Abilities
- Champion System
- Itemization & Item Sets
- Base Game Updates, including:
- Alliance War & PvP
- Art & Animation
- Crafting & Economy
- Crown Store & Crown Crates
- Dungeons & Group Content
- Events & Celebrations
- Exploration & Itemization
- Monsters & NPCs
- Quests & Zones
Is that enough Elder Scrolls Online for you? No? Well, then you’ll need to take a look at notes for some of the previous updates, as well as our coverage of everything else Elder Scrolls Online. That should feel better now.