The patch notes for update 184.108.40.206 have been released for Fallout 76. The update introduces a whole new seasonal event, a variety of new settings, fresh radio plays, and several bug fixes. Fallout 76 first launched in November 2018 and continues to attract fans of the franchise despite garnering negative reviews when it was first released. Several substantial updates have been made to the multiplayer game since it launched, pleasing gamers. This newest update appears to be no different, bringing new content and improvements.
Check out the full patch notes for update 220.127.116.11 coming to Fallout 76 below.
Fallout 76 Update 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes
NEW SEASONAL EVENT
Mysterious beings from the outer reaches of space have arrived in our skies, and they’re planning to steal the brainwaves from lifeforms throughout Appalachia! Band together with your fellow humans to take on the alien scum and send them fleeing back into their ships before they can complete their “research.”
- Every hour on the hour until March 15, an Alien Mothership will materialize above one of six Appalachian landmarks to deploy three Brainwave Siphons in the area.
- Travel to the Mothership’s location and examine Siphon Kappa to start the event.
- When the event begins, work to destroy all three Brainwave Siphons, one after the other, before the aliens can complete their Brainwave Extraction process.
- There’s just one problem: Each Siphon is protected by a force field, which is controlled by a different Alien Commander.
- Defeat alien forces to draw out the Commander for each Siphon. Take out the Commander, and the force field will drop, allowing you and your event mates to destroy the Siphon.
- If you manage to demolish all three Brainwave Siphons in time, you will receive some loot, XP, and have a chance to earn plans to craft new alien weaponry, like the Alien Disintegrator and Electro Enforcer, as well as high-tech new C.A.M.P. objects.
- Keep your guard up because as long as the Seasonal Event is live, you may encounter extraterrestrial interlopers at select Public Events, including Campfire Tales, Free Range, and Line in the Sand. You may also spot our curious visitors in new Random Encounters that we’re adding with this update.
FALLOUT 76 SEASON 8: NEW SCOREBOARD, REWARDS & MORE!
Here’s what’s headed your way during Fallout 76 Season 8, which begins today:
- New Scoreboard: Relive the glory days of your past life inside the cozy confines of the Vault on an all-new Scoreboard for Season 8. Achieve Rank 100 (and beyond!) once again this Season to earn a suite of new rewards that would even make an Overseer jealous.
- As you progress during your Season journey, you will unlock new paints for your weapons, armor, and Power Armor, stylish amenities for your C.A.M.P., a new Ally, outfits, cosmetics, consumables, and more!
- Rank Purchasing Improvements: Clicking over and over to purchase rank-ups with Atoms one at a time can be a drag! We’ve added a new option to the Season Scoreboard, which you can use to purchase as many rank-ups as you’d like, all in one go.
- Select the rank you’d like to reach and then press the “Rank Up to Here” button at the bottom of the Scoreboard screen.
- After confirming your purchase, you will immediately rank up to that position on the Scoreboard. You will also unlock all of the rewards between your chosen rank and where you began.
- Fresh Radio Plays: Tune in to Pirate Radio to experience all the drama, intrigue, and suspense that come with living in close quarters alongside other Dwellers. Sponsored by Abraxo Chemical, our latest round of Radio Plays for Season 8 follows the lives and times of Vault Dwellers as they struggle to get along.
FALLOUT WORLDS IMPROVEMENTS
EARN S.C.O.R.E. IN FALLOUT WORLDS!
In response to community feedback, we’ve implemented the ability for you to continue your Season journey in Fallout Worlds. Going forward, you will now be able to earn S.C.O.R.E. from non-repeatable Daily and Weekly Challenges you complete while playing in Public and Custom Worlds.
NEW CUSTOM WORLD SETTINGS TO EXPLORE
We’re introducing a variety of new settings for Custom Worlds that Fallout 1st members can tinker with in their Custom Worlds. Catch a brief description of each below, and then head in-game to adjust your Custom Worlds and make these settings your own.
- Carry Weight: Set how much weight a player can carry to a specific number, reduce it to zero, or multiply it up to eleven times the default amount.
- Frequent Confetti: New Dismemberment setting that will cause enemies you take down to explode into a cloud of confetti.
- Perk Effects: Choose whether players can benefit from Normal Perk effects, Legendary Perk effects, both, or neither with this setting.
- VATS: We’ve added the ability to turn off VATS targeting versus other players, or even disable VATS entirely.
- Relaxed Building Restrictions: When using “Relaxed Building Restrictions” in a Fallout World, you will now see a new “Placement Mode” option that can be toggled while building in a Workshop or C.A.M.P. Adjusting it will allow you to place C.A.M.P. objects even if they intersect.
- Weather: If you enjoyed the darkened skies above the Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event, you can now bring it to your Custom Worlds using the Weather Setting.
Additionally, we’ve brought some of the new settings to certain Public Worlds so that everyone can try them out:
- Happy Builder: Players can now adjust the Snapping Toggle to place intersecting objects in their C.A.M.P.s.
- High Risk: Perk Card effects, Legendary Perk Card effects, and VATS have been disabled to provide an even riskier experience to thrill seekers.
ADDITIONAL CHANGES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Buildable Pirate Radio: Tap your toes to Appalachia’s newest radio station when you’re relaxing at home with a buildable Pirate Radio that you can place in your C.A.M.P. Open the build menu and navigate to the Appliances section to find it.
- Invisible Backpacks: The community has long requested the ability to hide their currently equipped backpacks from view. Now, you can do just that with the new “Show Backpack” toggle in the game’s settings menu. Don’t worry, you’ll still receive all the benefits of your pack while it’s hidden.
- Invulnerable Enemies: To help you more easily identify when creatures are invulnerable, we’ve added in a new shield icon to better indicate that they won’t take damage.
- Minerva: We’ve added several holiday-themed item plans to Minerva’s inventory that were previously only available in Nuclear Winter, so that you can purchase them with Gold Bullion.
- Overbudget C.A.M.P. Limits: Much like the absolute carry weight maximums we’ve introduced previously, in today’s update we’re implementing limits for C.A.M.P.s that are excessively overbudget. Upon login, the owners of C.A.M.P.s that have greatly surpassed the build budget will be notified that they are unable to perform certain actions while overbudget. The following actions will be disabled until the player scraps or destroys enough items to drop back under the budget limit:
- Fast Travel: On login, the owner will have one opportunity to travel to their overbudget C.A.M.P. to reduce its budget. If they don’t, Fast Travel will behave as if the player is overencumbered.
- C.A.M.P. object placement, rearranging, and storing.
- C.A.M.P. Slot swapping
- C.A.M.P. broadcasting on the Map
- Furniture and activator interactions, including Shelter Entrances.
- Stimpak Adjustments: We’ve reduced the weight of Stimpaks and Diluted Stimpaks by 25%, and reduced their prices by 25% as well. Additionally, we’ve increased the number of Stimpaks and Diluted Stimpaks that will appear in Medical Vending Machines.
- Outfits: Players’ ankles no longer stretch in odd ways while wearing the Hellcat Field Gear Outfit.
- Weapons: Firing a Railway Rifle now correctly causes it to emit steam visual effects from the barrel.
The patch notes for update 22.214.171.124 seem to signify major changes to Fallout 76. For a game that had a rocky start when it first debuted in 2018, it appears that Bethesda has been attempting to rectify that. This multiplayer action RPG is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.