Forspoken has arrived, and players are immersing themselves in the vast, magical world. The game’s mechanisms largely depend on magic use. This includes combat and movement. So, if you want to get anywhere in the game, you should master the various spells. There are four different types in all. However, in this Forspoken guide, we will focus on the Purple Magic Spells.
Purple Magic Spells – Forspoken Guide
Forspoken is a recent action RPG with an open-world format. You take control of Frey, a young woman from the modern world who is transported into a magical one. She utilizes a great variety of spells to get around and handle any combat situation. Purple Magic is one of the many types of magical abilities she gains.
Titled “Frey’s magic”, Purple Magic hones in on earth-based spells. This Purple Magic Spells guide should help you understand exactly how to use them all in Forspoken.
Let’s break it down further into four categories:
Offensive Purple Magic Spells
The guide below contains all of the confirmed offensive-based Purple Magic Spells in Forspoken:
- Fires lumps of rock forward.
- Shield Shot
- While charging, creates a defensive shield that blasts forward in pieces when released.
- Shield Shot Level 2
- You create an even larger defensive shield while charging that will blast forward with more force when you release it.
- Shield Shot Level 3
- Create an even larger defensive shield while charging. This is blasted forward with far greater force upon release.
- Burst Shot
- Among the Purple Magic Spells in Forspoken, this one guides lumps of explosive rocks out that will deal area damage.
- Burst Shot Level 2
- Fire out explosive rocks at a wider area with greater damage.
- Burst Shot Level 3
- Fires out lumps of explosive rocks that cover an even greater area with even greater damage.
- Scatter Shot
- While charging, fires a steady stream of rocks, and once released, unleashes high-impact, long-range projectiles.
- Scatter Shot Level 2
- A stream of rocks fires harder and with more speed while charging. When released, it releases projectiles that are higher-impact at a longer range.
- Scatter Shot Level 3
- Last up for the guide for offensive Purple Magic Spells in Forspoken is the ultimate level for Scatter Shot. Rocks are fired even harder while charging, and once released, the projectiles have greater impact and a longer range.
Defensive Purple Magic Spells – Forspoken Guide
Now let’s check out all the defensive Purple Magic Spells you can use to stay safe in the game:
- You can place down a magical trap in any spot you wish, and when it’s stepped on, it explodes and deals area damage.
- Frey is surrounded with stones for defense against enemy attacks.
- Summons a whip made of ivy that stays around you to deal damage within the surrounding area. Additionally, this will also heal Frey based on the damage it does.
- Springs forth plants that will cure you from poison and heal you.
- Tangles up enemies in weeds to restrict their movement.
- In any spot you choose, spring up flowers from the ground. From there, these will grab nearby rocks and hurl them at enemies.
- This spell fires out seeds into enemies that will damage over time.
Parkour Purple Magic Spells
Forspoken contains just a few parkour-based Purple Magic Spells that can guide you around the world in style:
- You can accelerate forward by just kicking off the ground.
- This spell enables higher speeds in both movement and parkour.
- You can climb higher if you kick off from a wall.
Other Purple Magic Spells – Forspoken Guide
Forspoken contains additional Purple Magic Spells that can aid Frey in various ways during her journey:
- This spell sends out roots to look for loot and other items. Your Support Magic can recharge quicker if you find more items.
- Genesis Level 1
- Barbed branches are summoned in front of you that will skewer enemies in a wide area.
- Genesis Level 2
- When you hold the buttons, the barbed branches will hit harder and cover a wider area.
- Genesis Level 3
- If you hold it down longer, the barbed branches will not just skewer enemies in an even wider area, but also poison them.
- With crafting, you can combine Breakshards of the same type and improve them.
- This spell lets you use your crafting skills to transform Breakshards into different types of shards.
- With crafting, you can increase how much health is improved with a necklace.
- Cut and Run
- Blows open the ground underneath you and send you flying back in an area-damaging blast.
Forspoken is available on PC and PS5.