Fortnite released Update 18.30 on October 26, with some new features and bug fixes, and we’re here to document all the changes happening on the Island. Seems like the Cube Queen is still up to no good, so if you want to make sure those cubes don’t get too out of hand, you’re going to want to check out the latest patch notes.
Fortnite Update 18.30 Patch Notes – New Features
Let’s start with some of the new features. In update 18.30 players can choose to make donations to unvault either the Boogie Bomb, which makes your enemies dance, or the Combat Shotgun, which presumably does not make your enemies dance and thus sounds much less fun. Not that I’m trying to sway the vote or anything.
There’s also a new landmark, the Mountain Base. A mysterious sealed door near Catty Corner is finally open, and inside you’ll find an IO base and potentially a whole lot of baddies in the form of Doctor Sloane and her minions. Probably best to become prepared with some sort of bomb that makes people dance.
Wondering what’s been happening with The Convergence? Head to the center of the Island and you might just find…more cubes. Come to think of it, are you maybe starting to become a little sympathetic to the cubes? Feeling like you might want to take an oath of fealty to the monarch of your favorite three-dimensional polygon? Well in the Chapter 2 Season 8 battle pass you can now unlock the Cube Queen Outfit! Just complete her quests, and be mindful of any sharp edges. Those cubes can be dangerous.
What would an update be without bug fixes? Here are some of the major bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue involving the Sideways Scythe’s “Smash Attack” ability resulting in fall damage if players used it from a high point.
- Fixed an issue involving the red dot indicator no longer showing on the compass when enemies were firing.
Developers have also promised to address several additional minor problems:
- A bug where Weapons may sometimes disappear from Chests and Supply Drops.
- Getting an error message when trying to equip certain color combinations of Tricksy.
- A problem with Wolverine’s Built-in Emote not working correctly.
- An issue where multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces causes misalignment.
- Trees are not appearing on Island Map.
- An issue where Campfires above lv 130 are shown as 130
- Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount.
- Being unable to swap Hero Loadouts in the Lobby while using a controller.
- 4x Missions do not show the 4x rewards.
- Players becoming invisible to other players after respawning.
- Players getting stuck inside the vault door in the Lab Dungeon.
You can’t get enough Fortnite with update 18.30, I get it, but wherever on the internet will you find your patch notes and news? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check out our coverage of the previous patch notes, along with some of our guides, updates, and everything else Fortnite-adjacent.