The PlayStation Classic is now only $20 at BestBuy from its original $100 price tag!
Though the PlayStation Classic didn’t have as much commercial success as the Nintendo NES Classic Edition, in part to its maybe too retro 3D-graphics and some non-updated control schemes, it’s still a great system that retro and non-retro gamers alike should add to their collection.
The PlayStation Classic comes with 20 loaded PS1 titles with some games varying by country:
- Arc the Lad
- Arc the Lad II
- Armored Core
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Cool Boarders 2
- Destruction Derby
- Final Fantasy VII
- Gradius Gaiden
- Grand Theft Auto
- Intelligent Qube
- Jumping Flash!
- Metal Gear Solid
- Mr. Driller
- Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
- Parasite Eve
- R4: Ridge Racer Type 4
- Resident Evil: Director’s Cut
- Revelations: Persona
- SaGa Frontier
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
- Syphon Filter
- Tekken 3
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
- Twisted Metal
- Wild Arms dagger
$20 for 20 games. That sounds like a pretty good deal!
When the PlayStation Classic first came out on Dec. 3, 2018, at $100, it was way too expensive considering that must of the games on the above list do not compare to the greatest-greatest hits that the PS1 delivered all those years ago. The system is missing Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, the legendary Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater games, and more. However, and again, it’s just $20.
Here are the PlayStation Classics specifications:
- MediaTek SoC 8167A Quad Core Cortex-A35 1.5 GHz / PowerVR GE8300
- Audio chip: Mediatek MT6392A
- Sony LM-11 Motherboard (1-984-020-11)
- RAM 1GB DDR3-1866 Samsung K4B4G1646E-BYMA
- eMMC 5.1 16 GB KLMAG1JETD-B041
- Dimensions: 149 x 33 x 105 mm / Weight: 170 grams
- Supported resolutions: 720p and 480p via HDMI
- Power supply: 5V 1A from micro-USB (power supply not included)
- Packaging: HDMI cable, micro-USB USB cable, 2 USB controllers, console
While the Nintendo NES Classic Edition is excellent, it’s going for $40 upwards to $100 today. With that said, whether you want to play the PlayStation Classic or use it as a fancy paperweight, the choice is yours, but know that there is no doubt that the PlayStation Classic packs a whole lot for just $20.