HBO has a new limited series called The Undoing and it is coming out this May, based on the novel by Jean Hanff Korelitz, You Should Have Known. The show stars Nicole Kidman as Grace Fraser, Hugh Grant as Jonathan Fraser, and Noah Jupe as Henry Fraser. The series will be available on HBO, HBO Now, HBO Go, HBO on Demand, and their affiliates.
The story follows the lives of Grace and Jonathan Fraser, who are living what they believe are their ideal lives. Their lives come crashing down when an awful string of events occur: a brutal death and an unexpected disappearance. In the wake of these events, Grace is left to pick up the pieces of the life she thought she had. Grace now has to reexamine her entire life and confront the way in which she failed to heed the advice she gives others. Her only option now requires that she pick up the pieces of her former life and create a new life for her child and her family.
A Star-Studded Cast And Crew
- Susanne Bier- Emmy, Academy Award, and Golden-Globe winning director
- David Kelley- Emmy Award-winning creator of Big Little Lies
- Nicole Kidman- Emmy, Award Award, and Golden-Globe winning actress as Grace Fraser
- Hugh Grant- Emmy nominee as Jonathan Fraser
- Edgar Ramirez- Emmy nominee as Detective Joe Mendoza
- Donald Sutherland- Emmy winner as Franklin Reinhardt, Grace’s father
- Ismael Cruz Cordova- as Fernando Alves
- Matilda De Angelis- as Elena Alves
- Lily Rabe- as Sylvia Steinetz
- Noma Dumezweni- as Haley Fitzgerald
- Noah Jupe- as Henry Fraser, Jonathan and Grace’s son
- Sofie Gråbøl- as Catherine Stamper
An Interesting Plot
If this series is anything like David Kelley’s other series, Big Little Lies, then The Undoing is going to be full of interesting plot twists and complicated characters. Undoubtedly, this limited series will be a fascinating journey for its viewers.
I’m a polymath, writer, and an all-around nerd. If it involves gaming, anime/manga, or comics I probably have an opinion on it. I love spending time with my dog, Jester, and reading anything that sparks my fancy.