Want to know how to complete the Spotting Spot side quest in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? Although Link often has to hunt dangerous monsters and wild beasts, sometimes pets will be your target. No, you do not need to kill them but only find and back them home. One of these quests is Spotting Spot. A spotted horse named Spot ran away from the stable, and now his owner (old man Lester) is looking for it. Due to his age, Lester can’t go searching, so we’re here to help you and tell you how to complete the Spotting Spot side quest in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Spotting Spot Walkthrough
First, it’s worth noting that you won’t be able to accept the Spotting Spot quest until you complete The Incomplete Stable quest. In short, you must repair the roof of the stable. You can get this quest from NPC Karson in Lookout Landing and use the plank to the left of the stable. Once you complete this quest, talk to NPC Lester next to the same stable and accept the Spotting Spot quest.
After talking to Lester, you will learn that one of his horses has escaped, and he can’t find it. Luckily Spot (the name of the horse) is very shy, so it’s unlikely he’s gone too far. In addition, its rare spotted coloring will not let you make a mistake. To complete the Spotting Spot side quest in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, you must find the Spot horse near Lookout Landing and bring it to Lester. Here’s how to do it.
- Exit Lookout Landing through the main south gate next to the stables. Go to the grassy clearing southwest of the village to the area in the image above.
- Soon you will notice a spotted horse. But remembering that horse is extremely shy, quietly sneak up on it from behind.
- Getting close enough, press A to mount a horse and make it your mount. When sitting on a horse, press L in time so it does not throw you off it.
- Once the horse calms down, ride to Lester.
- While on the horse, talk to the NPC to complete the Spotting Spot side quest.
As a reward for your efforts, you will receive 50 Rupees and 1 Swift Carrot (you can eat Carrot or treat your horse). But more importantly, Spot will become your official mount.
Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.