Lies of P takes a dark turn the more you progress through the game, in terms of both story and enemies. After leaving the Grand Exhibition, you’ll find a puppet graveyard that resembles a swamp. This is the home to the Puppet-Devouring Green Monster in Lies of P, one of the most aggressive bosses in the game. If you’re struggling to beat this foe and don’t know what to do, our guide will help you beat it so you can move on to other things in this soulslike title.
Lies of P: Puppet-Devouring Green Monster Guide
As with many other bosses, this one also has two complete phases. What does that mean? This enemy has two full health bars, so you’re in for a long fight. While it isn’t the most challenging encounter in the game, you must pay attention to its attack patterns to stay alive and dish out some damage. Here’s the strategy we recommend beating the Puppet-Devouring Green Monster in Lies of P:
The first phase is the easiest, as the enemy’s attacks are pretty slow. The most significant troubles during this fight are certain moves that require a perfect parry or for you to dodge at the right moment. Here’s what you must do:
- The boss’s regular attacks are easy to parry and dodge; do the former if you’re confident enough; if not, run away.
- When the boss burrows in the ground, it’ll come out from behind you, turn around and parry. You can avoid this attack if you summon a Spectre and have it aggro the boss. This is ideal, as this move hits like a truck if you don’t evade it.
- The strategy here is to stay as close as possible to the boss. Some attacks have a long range but can be dodged easily if you’re next to the boss; try to avoid being at its sides, though its attacks aim for the sides and hurt a lot.
- One easy way to beat the first phase is by unloading your Flamberge Legion Arm. The enemy is a carcass, which means it’s susceptible to fire.
For the second phase of the Puppet-Devouring Green Monster in Lies of P, it’ll fuse with the body of a big puppet, enhancing its abilities and adding new moves to the mix. While it isn’t too hard, the boss becomes more aggressive and unpredictable; however, following some tips can help you take it down quickly.
- The scariest attack is when the boss shifts its body and launches six attacks at you with its back tentacles. The strategy here is to run away when it starts shifting its body.
- The boss has three recognizable attacks when it starts winding up its arms. It’ll start with two, one for each arm, followed by a Fury attack. If you are comfortable with parrying, try your luck; if not, run away.
- The way we beat the fight here was by relying on our Legion Arms. You might need Legion magazines to refill your Legion and burn the boss. If not, we recommend upgrading Fulminis to its maximum level and attacking the boss after it does the Futy attack we mentioned above.
- If you prefer a full-melee approach, stay close to the boss and keep that guard up. Its attacks hit hard, but you can regain your guard by hitting fast after.
And that’s a wrap on how to beat the Puppet-Devouring Green Monster in Lies of P. The easiest way to take it down is by burning it, so save your fire grenades for this fight and upgrade your Flamberge arm as much as you can to make this fight much more manageable.