If you get the “You Are Not Allowed To Speak in Local Chat” message in Diablo 4, it could set off some alarm bells. You won’t be able to communicate with your teammates which hampers your participation in events. It’s also difficult to talk to others or make friends on a server when you can’t speak to them. Here’s how you fix the local chat problem in Diablo 4 and start communicating with other players.
Local Chat Fix for Diablo 4 Communication Problem
There are two ways to fix the local chat problem in Diablo 4. The first is to buy the full version of the game if you are on a trial version. The trial version won’t give you full access to the game’s capabilities until you buy the full version. If you are enjoying your time with the game, it’s worth purchasing the full version. You will fix your local chat problem and start communicating with players as well as exploring the full world.
If you have purchased the full version and are still running into the problem, you may have to reset your settings. This does not impact your save data and will fix your local chat problems. Here are the steps:
- Log out after receiving the error
- Select “Options” while on the character select screen
- Select “Social”, then uncheck Cross-Network Play, Cross-Network Communication, Join Local Chat Channel, and the Join Trade Chat Channel options.
- Save the changes and exit Diablo 4
- Launch the game again and turn on the settings you previously disabled
- Enter a server and try chatting again
These steps should fix your problem. If you are still unable to fix your problem, message the support team and follow their instructions. They will figure out what is happening and work with you to restore communications.