A Grey Demon’s Soul is a unique item in both PS3 and PS5 remake versions of the hit game Demon’s Souls, as it’s used to upgrade certain weapons. That said, In this guide, we will explain how and where to get a Grey Demon’s Soul in the Demon’s Souls Remake.
Getting A Grey Demon’s Soul In The PS5 Demon’s Souls Remake
In short, you won’t have to go very far to get this soul, unlike the Colorless Demon’s Soul that will have you running around the game for it. In fact, you may already gotten this item as it drops when you kill the very first boss in the game, who is called Vanguard. Vanguard appears in the tutorial where he is killable if you are cunning enough.
However, if you keep playing, he will show up again in Shrine of Storms as an optional Boss. Killing him will drop the one Grey Demon’s Soul you need and around 958 souls. See the tips below for help with killing the Vanguard.
Tips to Help You Beat Vanguard
- If you want to use melee, make sure to kill any Storm Beasts or archers before engaging to make things easier on yourself. Along with this, if you kill Vanguard but die to one of these smaller enemies, Vanguard will not spawn again in Shrine of Storms.
- Get behind Vanguard, and wait for him to do his butt stomp attack. When he does it, rush in and get a few hits in and retreat and dodge. Keep repeating this until the big bad demon goes away.
- Range attacks and a mixture of dodge could also prove useful in dealing with Vanguard.
- Use a shield to block some of Vanguard’s attacks
- Magic and Firebombs will also work wonders on this big guy.
Our Other Demon’s Souls Guides
After you kill Vanguard, you will get the Grey Demon’s Soul, which can then later be used to upgrade or “ascend” a +6 Battle axe into the Dozer Axe at the BlackSmith. Along with this, you can also simply consume the soul for around 1500. If you managed to kill Vanguard in the tutorial level, you will be treated to a new loot room that wasn’t in the PS3 Version. In the room, you will find a lot of good starting loot like Hardstones and Sharpstone shards.
Hopefully, by using this guide, you will have no trouble at all with finding Grey Demons Souls. If this guide helped you be sure to let us know in the comments below, and be sure to share so it can help someone else! That’s all for now. Have fun and good luck, hunting!