Want to know how to get Dinraal’s Claw in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom? While you can quickly get most materials from monsters, you must work hard to get the rarest materials from great dragons. Four elemental dragons named Dinraal, Farosh, Naydra, and Light Dragon slowly fly along specific routes above and below the regions of Hyrule. And unlike Breath of the Wild, where the dragon’s location is tied to game time, in Tears of the Kingdom, the dragon can be anywhere on the route at any time. So if you want to get Dinraal’s Claw in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, we are here to help you.
Where To Find Dinraal
As we said, each dragon in Tears of the Kingdom has its unique flight path. In the case of the Dinraal dragon, it starts in the East Akkala Plains Chasm and flies over the eastern and northern edge of Hyrule to Drenan Hughlands Chasm. After that, it dives into Chasm again and moves along the same trajectory towards East Akkala Plains Chasm along the underground part of Hyrule. In addition, the dragon can be at any point on the route regardless of time, so the only way to get to it is to wait until it flies to you.
It is also worth noting that the Dinraal flies high. And there are not many places where you can get to the dragon. So here are a few places where you should wait for Dinraal to arrive:
- Ulri Mountain Skyview Tower in Akkala Highlands. Once you see the dragon, use the Skyview Tower and fly towards it.
- Thyphlo Ruins Skyview Tower in Thyphlo Ruins. The same strategy as with the previous Skyview Tower.
- You can also get to the dragon when it flies through the Chasms. Stand nearby, and use Rocket to fly up and get to the dragon once you see its head.
How To Farm Dinraal’s Claw in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
No matter where you meet Dinraal, you will use all your skills to get Claw. Because while you can land on a dragon’s back and collect Dinraal’s Scale or Shard of Dinraal’s Spike, you can only get Claw in the air.
To get Dinraal’s Claw in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, fly up to the dragon at its paws level and shoot from the bow at its Claw. If you’re lucky and Dinraal’s Claw lands on the dragon’s leg, you can fly up close and collect it. But often, this item falls to the ground, and you have to follow it.
In this case, you will have to wait for the new encounter with the dragon to get more of its materials. Also, if you hit the dragon’s leg or body, you’ll get Dinraal’s Scale, and that’s bad news for you. After all, you can get just one material in 10 minutes. So aim as best you can. If you decide to land on Dinraal, don’t forget to equip any Fire Protection armor.
How To Use Dinraal’s Claw in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Once you get Dinraal’s Claw, there are several ways you can use this material:
- First, take a photo of this material to add to your Compendium.
- Second, save at least one Dinraal’s Claw to later use in the Goddess Statue Of Power challenge.
- You can also use this item to fuse it with your weapon. Dinraal’s Claw will increase your weapon’s attack power by 18.
- Also, you can use Dinraal’s Claw to upgrade your Fierce Deity Armor set.
- Finally, you can use this material to brew elixirs. But Dinraal’s Claw does not have the bonus effect of brewing and is not a required ingredient for certain potions. So you can only use it as Any Monster Part to complete any recipe.
Tears of the Kingdom is available on Nintendo Switch.