The Yakuza/Like a Dragon series is known for both the intriguing crime drama as well as tons of fun minigames or side activities in the game. This Like a Dragon: Ishin guide will tell you how you can make lots of money fast through the Chicken Racing side activity.
Make Money Fast with Chicken Racing in Like a Dragon: Ishin
The best way to get money in the game is by participating in Chicken Racing. You will be able to play the side activity once you have reached Rakugai in Chapter 3. By participating in Chicken Race Arena, you can farm Platinum Plates and sell them for money and Virtue at the Ebisu Pawnbroker. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you need to collect enough money to buy at least 3,600 Kifuda wooden tags in the Chicken Race Arena before you start. It will cost around 36 Ryo.
- I know, it seems counterintuitive to spend tons of money upfront, but trust me, the payout will be worth it.
- Before you bet on chickens, save your game! Yep, we are going to be savescumming.
- You can easily save (and load) by using the Save/Settings option in the menu.
- Start betting via the Dividend List.
- Select all of the options and you should place 23 bets in total.
- For each bet, spend at the maximum of 300 tags.
- Every time it’s a success, save, and bet again.
- If you fail, load the save.
- After you have accumulated lots of Kifuda, you should be able to narrow it down to two chickens for a better payout.
- A successful set of bets could net you 20,000-50,000 Kifuda!
Now, as mentioned before, it’s time to cash in. Go to the Gambling Den and trade 1,500 tags for Platinum Plates. Then sell the Plates for 3 Ryo 7,500 mon at the Ebisu Pawn Shop. Selling Plates can also net you Virtues and if you have maxed out your Virtue Gain from the Virtue Exchange Shrine, you can even obtain 1,800 Virtues from just one Platinum Plate.
Things to Note When Chicken Racing
Before you start betting, you can check up on each chicken’s stats which might help you win the race. However, RNG is still involved so don’t forget to save every time things go your way.
|Cond. (Condition)||– Arrow pointing up means the chicken could get a speed boost near the end
– Arrow pointing down means the opposite
|Past Results||The chicken’s placements in the previous three races|
|Prediction||– Double circles: Should perform well in the race
– Circle: Might perform well in the race
– Triangle: Probably won’t perform well
– Cross: Will perform badly
|Payout||A lower payout on a win might indicate it will perform well|
All Global Fraud Answers in Like a Dragon: Ishin
Like a Dragon: Ishin is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.