Even though players can easily unlock Jack Skellington, further developing a friendship with this character may take some time. One of the essential friendship quests you must complete is preparing Red Velvet, a cute Minnie Mouse-themed dish. As often happens, the quest description gives hints but does not provide specific answers. Due to this, some players thought the new recipe was related to A Rift in Time expansion, but fortunately, this is not the case. To make Red Velvet in Disney Dreamlight Valley, you only need to collect five ingredients in the core areas, and we are here to help you.
Disney Dreamlight Valley: Cooking Red Velvet
As we said, Red Velvet is a 5-star meal added to Disney Dreamlight Valley along with The Pumpkin King Returns Christmas update. Since this dish requires as many as five ingredients, it is unlikely that the clues in the quest description will lead you down the right path. However, the good news is that all the necessary ingredients for cooking Red Velvet are available in early locations:
- Wheat. You probably know how to get Wheat, but if you forgot, you can head to Peaceful Meadow and buy Wheat for 3 Star Coins at the Goofy Stall. Or you can grow this ingredient yourself on your farm.
- Cheese. To get this ingredient, go to Chez Remy and buy it for 180 Star Coins.
- Egg. As with the previous ingredient, you can buy Eggs from Chez Remy for 220 Star Coins.
- Cocoa Bean. To get this ingredient, you need to get to the Glade of Trust or Sunlit Plateau locations. Look for small Cacao Trees from which you can collect 3 Cocoa Beans every 30 minutes.
- Vanilla. You can collect Vanilla as a wild plant in the Sunlit Plateau area. Additionally, this item is sometimes available at local Goofy Stall for 60 Star Coins.
Once you have collected all the ingredients, put them in the pot and click Start Cooking. As we said earlier, Red Velvet is an essential dish for increasing friendship with Jack Skellington, but you can also prepare slightly more portions for yourself. The variety of ingredients in this meal makes it extremely valuable and satisfying. Therefore, you can eat it to get 2,458 Energy or sell it for 783 Star Coins. In addition, this dessert may also be liked by other Dreamlight Valley residents.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available for Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.