Dinkum is a farm simulator game that has received overwhelmingly positive reviews since its launch. Like other farming games, activities include chopping trees, hunting, mining, fishing, catching animals, and running plantations. This guide will teach you how to perform the most important activity of all — planting seeds.
How to Plant Seeds in Dinkum
You can plant seeds in Dinkum using either of the two methods. The first method requires having a character named John in your world. John arrives the second day, no matter what, so you will have little trouble locating him. The second method requires a visit from Rayne.
A Visit from John
John will only visit you after you build a visitor site near the temporary town hall. During his visitation, he will bring a few basic tools you’ll have to buy; the most important is a shovel. Once you have the shovel in your hands, take the following steps:
- Acquire an excavation license from Fletch. You can get the license using an in-game currency acquired after finishing some milestones and tasks.
- Once you have the shovel, find seeds by chopping trees. You can also use fruits as seeds.
- Use the left mouse button to make a hole in the ground using your shovel.
- Throw the seeds in by pressing the letter Q on your keyboard.
After completing the steps above, your seed will start growing, but you must water the spot to keep it healthy.
A Visit from Rayne
Planting seeds in Dinkum with the help of Rayne is much easier, albeit a little sophisticated. Rayne comes around after you have done enough tasks for John, unlocking a deed that makes him a permanent resident. When this happens, more visitors will come to your town, one of whom is Rayne, an expert farmer. You can buy her various seeds, a watering can, and a hoe.
Once you spot Rayne, take the following steps:
- Talk to Rayne to get to know her better. Once you do that, you can buy a hoe displayed on a table for 800 Dinks.
- Prepare a proper farm for planting your seeds.
- On a tile that needs to be planted, press the right mouse button to prepare your hoe for tilling the land.
- Drop seeds on the tile by pressing the letter Q on your keyboard.
- Equip your hoe again to repeat the seed-planting process.
Ladies and gentlemen, that’s how to plant seeds in Dinkum.