Wondering how you can sign up for and play the Madden NFL 24 closed beta test? Well, you have come to the right place. The highly anticipated sports title from Electronic Arts Tiburon is launching on August 18, 2023. At the moment, the development team is opening a beta test period for select players. Fans and veterans alike are now racing to step into the gridiron. To learn how to sign up to play the Madden NFL 24 closed beta test, continue reading the article below.
How to Sign Up for the Madden NFL 24 Beta
The beta sign up for Madden NFL 24 started back in April 2023. If you were fortunate enough to be selected, you should have already received a notification via email. As codes are being distributed in waves, don’t lose hope, and keep a close eye on your email inbox!
There is no confirmation that Electronic Arts Tiburon will extend the beta period to more players. Purchasing a specific version of the game also won’t give you access to Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta test. Nevertheless, you can try following Madden’s social media channels like Twitter as the developer might be sharing additional beta codes.
How to Download and Play the Madden NFL 24 Beta
- Use your existing Sony Entertainment Network account on PSN.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the system home screen.
- Select Redeem Codes at the bottom of the menu on the PlayStation Store.
- Enter the code and get ready to play.
- Go to Games under Store.
- Select Use a Code.
- Sign in if prompted.
- Select or enter the 25-character code and get ready to play.
PC via EA App:
- Go to your EA App Library.
- Select “Redeem Code.”
- Enter your provided code and get ready to play.
Madden NFL 24 Beta Modes and Content
The Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta features four game modes. The Play Now, H2H Ranked, Franchise, and Practice Modes. However, additional modes are planned to be added throughout the duration of the beta. Those modes are Superstar: The League, Superstar: Showdown, and Madden Ultimate Team. The game also has 500 new plays, but they are not final and may be changed for the launch version.
The new crossplay feature between PC and consoles is available in all four modes. Crossplay is enabled by default. If you want to disable it, PC and PlayStation players can turn it off through Madden 24 in-game settings. On the other hand, Xbox players have to do so through the console’s settings.
Do keep in mind that there are several rules and restrictions when you are signed up and playing the Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta test:
- You must be 18+ and in the U.S. or Canada to participate in the Closed Beta.
- Any gameplay progress and data achieved in the Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta will not transfer to the release version.
- Any progress made in the Franchise mode will be reset after updates.
- No recording, streaming, capturing, or posting any thoughts on any portion of the Closed Beta test. Doing so will result in removal from the closed beta as well as potential bans on all Madden NFL accounts.
Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta Known Issues
As written on the official Closed Beta Test page, these are the currently known issues that beta players might encounter in the game.
- Crash in Mini-games when going from mini-game to mini-game that have a lot of props in them.
- DEV NOTE: We have added brand new Mini-games with awesome new props. This seems to have caused some memory leaking that eventually leads to a crash.
- Formation Substitution screen does not update after the user makes a substitution.
- Post Play User triggered Touchdown Celebration not triggering online.
- A series of Catch Holes (catches not playing) on offense and defense.
- Some Accurate passes are not being thrown to a catchable location (affects AI and User controlled passers).
- Player Ratings, Development Traits/Abilities and Stats are not Final.
- Known issues with character models/gear when editing players or coaches.
- Occasionally the backgrounds will change when going through various screens.
- You can only invite users that are in your friends list to join an Online Franchise League.
- Users will be unable to download or upload Draft Classes through Madden Share.
- Note: The NFL Player and Rookie Ratings throughout the Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta have been scrambled/randomized and are not final.
Nevertheless, you’re able to provide additional bug reports and feedback through the EA Answer page. However, you need to be signed in using an account that can access the Madden NFL 24 Closed Beta test.
Madden NFL 24 will be available on August 18, 2023, for PlayStation and Xbox consoles. On PC it can be purchased via Steam, EA App, and Epic Games Store.