This summer Lightning McQueen is back on the big screen and new details have been announced about his leap to consoles as well in Cars 3: Driven to Win thanks to a new gameplay trailer. Mid-air flips, driving on two wheels and shooting flames out the tail pipe seem to be the order of the day in the gameplay footage as, in true Lightning McQueen fashion, style is as important as speed.
The trailer features many of the backdrops and setting that will appear in the film including Radiator Springs from the original Cars feature over 20 tracks. There are also 20 customizable characters such as McQueen, Jackson Storm, and Crus Ramirez. The game will also feature 6 gameplay modes:
- Race: Players can hop onto the tracks and race against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Stunt Showcase: Players can race off of ramps to catch air and perform as many tricks as possible before time runs out, earning points for successful tricks and safe landings.
- Best Lap Challenge: Players can race against their own best time, as they attempt to set a new track record.
- Playground: An area where players can go racing, perform stunts and engage in challenges, or simply drive around for fun at their own pace. There are no rules!
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible, and when time runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Battle Race: Players are able to collect and use power-ups, putting their cars to the test in races against family and friends to become the Ultimate Champion.
Cars 3: Driven to Win releases June 13th and will appear on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch and Wii U which is three days before the release of the film Cars 3 from Disney Pixar.
DJ was but a lowly plumber until the evil Bowser kidnapped his lady love, Princess Peach. Since that day he spends his time stomping on Goombas and kicking flying turtles…..wait is that someone else’s story?