Monster Hunter Rise PC demo is finally out on October 13, but PC gamers who prefer to play with a controller are having a bit of a problem with the game. For some reason, their gamepads aren’t being detected by Steam and cannot navigate through the game once it launches. If you’re one of those guys, here’s a tip to fix your controller woes.
How to Fix Undetected Controller in Monster Hunter Rise PC Demo
1. Check Your Steam Input Settings
Usually, when you install a new game on Steam it automatically detects your gamepad. However, for the Monster Hunter Rise Demo, you have to set up the Steam Input controller option manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Steam Library.
- Navigate to Monster Hunter Rise Demo, right-click it or press the gear icon on the right side of the window.
- Click on the Properties… option.
- Go to the Controller tab, and change the option from Use default settings to Enable Steam Input.
- Start the game.
2. Use Third-Party Programs
Otherwise, you can also use third-party programs that translate any controller input into Xinput. One of the most popular for DualShock 4 is the DS4Windows program that has an easy-to-use UI and profiling system.
The Monster Hunter Rise PC demo has the same quests and features as its Switch counterpart, albeit with the time limit and 30 tries removed. It features all 14 weapons and is separated into five types of quests:
- Beginner Quest: lets you face Great Izuchi and its bloodthirsty pack.
- Intermediate Quest: lets you take on one of The Fated Four, Mizutsune.
- Advanced Quest: lets you meet face to face against Magnamolo.
- Basic Training Quest: to learn how the Wirebug system works.
- Wyvern Riding Training Quest: to learn more about the new mounting system.
With these methods, you should be able to use DualShock 4 and any controller to play the Monster Hunter Rise PC demo. Monster Hunter Rise is now available on Nintendo Switch and will be released on PC on January 12, 2022.