In today’s Monster Hunter Digital Event – March 2021 stream, Capcom has announced the second demo for Monster Hunter Rise will drop on March 11. It seems we will be able to enjoy it while the community event is running on the same day. As is the case in the previous demo, you can play through the quests alone or with up to three friends in the Shrine Ruins area through either local or online play. Nintendo Switch Online subscription is needed for the online multiplayer.
Just like before, the Monster Hunter Rise second demo will be separated into several different types of quests. And this time around you can finally face-off against the flagship monster, Magnamolo. Downloading this demo will refresh the number of tries you have used if you’ve played the first one. Here’s the list of all the quests you can take:
- Beginner Quest: lets you face Great Izuchi and its bloodthirsty pack.
- Intermediate Quest: lets you take on one of The Fated Four, Mizutsune.
- Advanced Quest: lets you meet face to face against Magnamolo. All hunting quests share 30 tries, but you can reset it by resetting the demo data.
- Basic Training Quest: to learn how the Wirebug system works.
- And Wyvern Riding Training Quest: to learn more about the new mounting system. Both tutorial quests can be played unlimited times.
You can watch the archived live stream below (PS. the Monster Hunter Rise part starts at 7:14):
Aside from the demo, the Monster Hunter Digital Event also showcased three returning monsters. Two of them are fan-favorites Zinogre and Nargacuga, with Zinogre even getting a turf war against Mizutsune. Along with the chameleon-like Elder Dragon, Chameleos, which will be coming later in “late April” as a free title update. Watch out for its tongue, it can steal items out of your pockets!
Monster Hunter Rise will be released on the Nintendo Switch on March 26, 2021, alongside a selection of pre-order bonuses and bundles. Capcom has also officially confirmed that the PC version is coming in “early 2022“. Ready to take on the Wyvern of Malice, Magnamolo, with your friends? Stay tuned to The Nerd Stash for more Monster Hunter and Nintendo Switch news.