MotoGP 22 has today launched its May 5 update on all platforms, so here’s the full list of changes and fixes with this patch. Today’s update is given differing version numbers based on your platform, the reason why we’re calling this the May 5 update and not a version number. On PlayStation, this is merely updated to 1.04, while on Xbox this is 126.96.36.199 and on PC there’s simply no version number. Regardless, today’s game update brings with it updates for the riders and bikers alongside circuit banners to compliment the fresh 2022 season. There are also several fixes, though we’ll go into more detail on that in a minute. Without further adieu, here’s everything new with MotoGP 22 in its May 5 update!
MotoGP 22 May 5 Update Patch Notes
- MotoGP™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season
- Re-Tuning of the official riders skill according to the ongoing season
- Circuit banners updated to the 2022 season
- New celebration Cutscene at the end of online races
- Increased the number of different characters in the 3D environments
- New “Content Creators” stickers in the graphic editor section
- Minor fixes
As you can see, there are some nice changes beyond things being updated to the 2022 season. A new celebration cutscene at the end of online races helps to bring an extra sense of accomplishment off the end of races, while characters in 3D environments should hopefully help to serve the game’s realism. Re-tuning of the official rider’s skill should help to bring it closer to the newest season as well. Beyond that, there are merely some minor fixes that aren’t specified and likely relate to minor bugs and performance issues. Regardless of what they are, it’s nice to see them fixed up.