My Time at Sandrock is a game about gathering resources to build structures. Part of the journey is making money to buy materials and crafting recipes by completing commissions. As you progress towards the end of the story and rank up your Workshop, the commissions you receive will also become increasingly difficult. A commonly requested item on the Commission Board once you reach three stars is Tanned Leather. This guide provides information on how to get Tanned Leather in My Time at Sandrock Early Access.
How to Get Tanned Leather in My Time at Sandrock
To make Tanned Leather in My Time at Sandrock, you’ll need to obtain and build a Tailoring Machine. You can find the Tailoring Machine blueprint at the Research Center. The base cost for researching it is 12 Data Discs, and you can spend up to 96 additional Data Discs to speed up the process. After getting the Tailoring Machine blueprint, you’ll need the following resources to build it:
- Bronze Bars x6 – Obtained by smelting Copper Ore x18 and Tin Ore x12 in a furnace.
- Old Parts x2 – Obtained by mining in the Eufaula Salvage Abandoned Ruins, recycling Mechanical Scrap or purchasing from the Eufaula Salvage shop.
- Marble Slab x3 – Obtained by using Marble Brick x6 in a Processor. You smelt Marble Bricks in a furnace using Marble.
Once you’ve built your Tailoring Machine, you may begin making Tanned Leather. To craft Tanned Leather, you need four Coarse Leather and three Sea Salt. You can obtain both items from the following sources:
- Coarse Leather: Found from defeating Boxing Jack and Pensky monsters near Gecko Station. Furthermore, you can also get Coarse Leather from Rockyenaroll monsters east of Wandering Y Store.
- Sea Salt: Purchased from By The Stairs and Blue Moon Saloon To-Go.
After finding four Coarse Leather and three Sea Salt, head back to the Tailoring Machine to begin crafting. Each Tanned Leather takes around one in-game hour to finish processing. This may be slightly lower depending on your Knowledge Skill bonuses and machine quality.