The My Time at Portia sequel, My Time at Sandrock, is releasing soon in Early Access! As you enter the game and begin your first story quest, you’ll be tasked with gathering basic resources and making a Recycler. As well, one of the first mechanics you’ll encounter, one you will likely use throughout your entire playthrough, is recycling scrap materials using the Recycler. This guide will provide information on making a Recycler Machine in My Time at Sandrock Early Access.
How to Make a Recycler in My Time at Sandrock
After gathering some stone and wood to make your first Pickhammer, Yan will promptly ask you to create a Recycler Machine. He will also provide you with a diagram of the Recycler, meaning you do not have to research it beforehand. To make the Recycler, you need the following items and materials:
- Stone Trough x2 – Crafted at your Worktable using x12 Stone
- Grinding Saws x2 – Crafted at your Worktable using x2 Stone and x8 Dinas
- Wood x3
Since the Recycler is the first machine you create in My Time at Sandrock, it is designed only to require basic materials. At the start of the game, you can obtain each resource using the following methods:
- Stone: Obtainable from Junk Piles and Gravel rocks surrounding your workshop. Gravel rocks appear as orange-brown rocks near cactus trees and large boulders. Use your Pickhammer to break the gravel rocks.
- Dinas: Obtainable from Gravel rocks surrounding your workshop.
- Wood: Obtainable from Wood Piles and bushes surrounding your workshop. While you need an axe to break bushes and specific wooden scrap piles, the Wood Piles found during the first tutorial require no tools.
Once you obtain each resource and craft both the Stone Troughs and Grinding Saws, you’ll be ready to assemble the Recycler. Head to your Assembly Station and select the Recycler in the list of machines. Click Assemble to find a highlighted Recycler on the Assembly Station platform. Interact with it by pressing “E” to add each resource to the machine.
After adding all three parts, your Recycler will be complete and ready to collect. Interact with it again to add the Recycler to your inventory. After adding it to your inventory, you can place it wherever you would like in your Workshop area.