What a day. When we knew Dragon’s Dogma 2 would appear during TGS 2023, we weren’t expecting such a fantastic gameplay video. If you didn’t know, Dragon’s Dogma is a game that, when it originally launched, grabbed a huge fanbase due to its marvelous combat. The immersion in every fight allowed players to experiment how they wanted. Add that to the fantastic customizable skills for each character, and you have a masterpiece. Now, after years of waiting, players got a glimpse at Dragon’s Dogma 2 thanks to the lengthy gameplay footage shown during TGS 2023.
Dragon’s Dogma 2 Unveiled a 9-Minute Gameplay Video During TGS 2023
While we got excited after the game’s reveal, we weren’t expecting such a lengthy gameplay video for Dragon’s Dogma 2 during its appearance in TGS 2023. The footage shows the Arisen and their pawns performing some of the best moves to date. If you missed the video, here are a few features we were able to see:
- The game will feature four starting vocations. Archer and Thief are now separated.
- New Special Vocation: Mystic Spearhead. It wields a Duospear to attack with magic and physical moves.
- Pawns can come to your rescue in more ways now.
- You can use the environment to get out of tough fights.
- Hitting enemies in a certain way will let you use them to traverse certain areas.
- More dynamic quests throughout the world.
- A new cat-like playable race.
While many hoped for more news regarding the advanced vocations, we imagine Capcom wants to keep that secret until the game’s release date approaches. Speaking of which, the launch date for this title is still uncertain. This game is being developed for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC through Steam. Hopefully, we’ll learn more about it soon and get the opportunity to pre-order it before it arrives. In the meantime, you can always return to the first title to grab new pawns, make a new build, and explore everything before the sequel drops.