Close Menu
  • Gaming
    • Platforms
      • Nintendo
      • PC
      • PlayStation
      • Xbox
  • Entertainment
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Royals
  • Celebrity
    • Hollywood
  • Human Interest
  • Astrology
  • More
    • Reviews
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn YouTube
  • About Us
  • Join Our Team
  • Meet the Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Sitemap
  • Editorial Guidelines
  • Advertising Policy
The Nerd Stash
  • Gaming
  • Celebrity
  • Hollywood
  • Human Interest
The Nerd Stash
Home»Gaming»Overwatch 2 Bugs Removing Heroes: Bastion And Torbjörn Gone

Overwatch 2 Bugs Removing Heroes: Bastion And Torbjörn Gone

Overwatch 2 continues to have bugs and other technical problems so soon after launch. Blizzard had to take the game offline on Monday for emergency…

Danish TaleefBy Danish TaleefOctober 11, 20222 Mins Read
overwatch 2 bugs heroes
This article is over 3 years old and may contain outdated information.

Overwatch 2 continues to have bugs and other technical problems so soon after launch. Blizzard had to take the game offline on Monday for emergency maintenance after the plan to entirely remove Bastion and Torbjörn from rotation had unexpected effects of locking a whole host of Overwatch 2 heroes, almost a third of the entire roster, for some players.

A tweet from the official Overwatch account, along with a known-issues tracker on the Overwatch forums, said that Bastion was disabled entirely from the game, while Torbjörn was unavailable in competitive play at 3 PM PDT. Blizzard confirmed that both heroes are experiencing bugs that have major impacts on competitive gameplay and that the team will share more updates on the matter soon.

Bugs in Overwatch 2

Players have reported bugs with Bastion’s ultimate that allows them to spam artillery at their enemies. On the other hand, Torbjörn’s Overload ability was used for twice as long depending on when the button was pressed.

Overwatch 2 Bastion Bugs

But soon after that, a lot of players started reporting that a large number of their Overwatch 2 heroes were suddenly locked. Blizzard acknowledged the bugs on the issue tracker and cited that a server-side bug was to blame. The developers said that they’re aware of the issue and that they are hard at work fixing the problem.

Overwatch 2 was taken down soon after for about one hour, when it came back online, the issue had been resolved for some, but according to Kotaku, did not fix it for everyone.

Overwatch 2 has had a very troubled first week, the game launched with a huge influx of new players along with a mass DDoS attack that caused server issues. This made it impossible for the majority of the players to log in and play the game. Since then, connection issues have been running rampant, and Blizzard also had to roll back the controversial phone number requirement.

Related Topics
Overwatch 2
Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Reddit Email
Danish Taleef
  • Website
  • X (Twitter)

A passionate gamer and Street Fighter nut, often found with a controller in close proximity. When I'm not playing games, I'm probably writing about them.

SUGGESTED READS

Gaming

GTA 6 Leaker Hunt Goes Nuclear as Take-Two Demands Discord and Microsoft Hand Over Private Data

Judge's hammer sitting on a desk.
News

‘This Man Is Vile’: Ohio Furious as Judge Suspended After Child-Rape Trial Misconduct Gets Away Lightly

California Gov. Gavin Newsom voiced support for new state rules limiting replacement tire sales to energy-efficient models, saying manufacturers largely embraced them for consumer savings. A video of his remarks has drawn online discussion.
News

‘Let the Consumers Decide’: Gov. Newsom Supports California’s Tire Rules Claiming Savings, Prompting Outrage Over Lost Options and Higher Prices

Raid Shadow Legends new players
Gaming

7 New-Player Mistakes That Cost You Free Rewards in Raid: Shadow Legends (August 2026)

PlayStation's Phantom Blade Zero Preorders Have 'Far Exceeded Expectations' Despite Disc-less Release Concerns
Gaming

PlayStation’s Phantom Blade Zero Preorders Have ‘Far Exceeded Expectations’ Despite Disc-less Release Concerns

Gaming

Interview: Dawn of War 4 Voice Actor Toby Longworth Discusses Space Marine Voices and How RoboCop Inspired His Dreadnought Performance

The Nerd Stash
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
  • About Us
  • Join Our Team
  • Meet the Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Policy
  • Contact Us
  • Terms of Use
  • Sitemap
  • Editorial Guidelines
  • Advertising Policy
© 2026 The Nerd Stash. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.