Houndoom, the evolution of Houndour, first appeared in Generation II or Pokemon Silver and Gold. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you can evolve a Houndour to Houndoom at level 24, and you can also find it on Route 214 and 215 via Poke Radar or by going to Volcanic Cave, Sandsear Cave, Typhlo Cavern, Spacious Cave, Dazzling Cave, and Stargleam Cavern of the Pokemon Hideaway areas. Since Houndoom is only the first evolution of Houndour, you might be wondering if Houndoom has an evolution or not…
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: Houndoom Evolution
If you’re looking to evolve Houndoom to another Pokemon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, unfortunately, Houndoom does not have any evolution. But if you’re playing Pokemon X, Y, Alpha Ruby, Omega Sapphire, and (Ultra) Sun and Moon, you can evolve Houndoom into Mega Houndoom using Houndoominite and Key Stone while in a battle. Pokemon with Mega Evolution can also temporarily transform in Pokemon GO using Mega Energies.
Although Houndoom doesn’t have any evolution, its decent offensive stats and Speed make it a formidable Pokemon. It can easily outpace most Pokemon out there and having access to Nasty Plot and/or Flash Fire can easily boost its Attack in a pinch. Early Bird Ability also makes it hard to deal with if your enemy often relies on using Hypnosis, Sleep Powder, or Sing. Read on below for more details about Houndoom.
Houndoom Stats and Moves
Stats (at Level 50):
- HP: 135 – 182 range
- Attack: 85 – 156 range
- Defense: 49 – 112 range
- Special Attack: 103 – 178 range
- Special Defense: 76 – 145 range
- Speed: 90 – 161 range
- Early Bird: Halves sleep duration.
- Or Flash Fire: Immune to Fire-type moves and will activate when hit by one. When activated, Attack or Special Attack moves is increased by 50%.
- Hidden Ability: Unnerve. Causes opposing Pokemon to be unable to eat their held Berries. However, it does not stop Natural Gift move and Teatime Ability.
Strength and Weakness:
|2x Damage||1/2x Damage||Immune|
Learned Moves by Level:
- Base Level: Inferno – Fighting, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Nasty Plot – Normal, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Thunder Fang – Normal, Status Effect
- Base Level: Leer – Rock, Physical Attack
- Base Level: Ember – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 4: Howl – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 8: Smog – Normal, Status Effect
- Level 13: Roar – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 16: Bite – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 20: Taunt – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 26: Beat Up – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 30: Fire Fang – Ground, Physical Attack
- Level 35: Payback – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 41: Flame Charge – Bug, Physical Attack
- Level 45: Foul Play – Normal, Physical Attack
- Level 50: Flamethrower – Rock, Physical Attack
- Level 56: Crunch – Dark, Physical Attack
- Level 60: Nasty Plot – Dark, Status Effect
- Level 65: Inferno – Fire, Special Attack
Both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are available now on the Nintendo Switch.