In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, lies one “secret dungeon” which location is somewhat hard to discover, the Wayward Cave. You can find unique Pokemon like Bronzor and Gible as well as several hidden items there. There are also two different entrances to the cave: the main entrance which isn’t hard to locate and the aptly named Secret Entrance. Here’s how you can find the location of both Wayward Cave entrances in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: How to Find Wayward Cave Location
YouTuber Techno Trainer has made a detailed video on how to locate Wayward Cave as well as getting all items in and around it. Read below for the step-by-step guide on how to access the Wayward Cave’s Secret Entrance:
- Go to Route 206 from Route 207 or Oreburgh City.
- Instead of going inside the Cycling Road gate, use Cut on the trees beside the gate.
- Go straight to the north until you see a Hiker.
- Head west or your left until you are under the Cycling Road highway.
- Once you’ve slightly passed the Biker and the road marker on the highway, go up/north.
- If you hit the wall, just keep going left and up. The cave entrance is just to the right of the bridge’s left beam. At that point you should find yourself inside Wayward Cave, hidden under the Cycling Road highway.
- For the main entrance, simply walk past the Hiker and you should see a cave.
After you got inside the Wayward Cave, you will need a Pokemon with Flash to light up the cave and Strength to push the rock blocking the Secret Entrance. You also need Rock Smash to break the rock in the main entrance.
Pokemon and Item List in Wayward Cave
- Gible. In Secret Entrance, read more about it in our guide on how to catch a Gible.
- Full Heal: 7-8 steps after Cutting the Cycling Road gate tree, look to the right. Cut the small tree between two big trees and grab the Pokeball behind it.
- Elixir: On the way to Wayward Cave. After you cross the bridge, just to the right of a Honey Tree, hidden inside the bushes.
- Super Repel: After you cross the bridge, head left. Inbetween the Cycling Road fork. For some reason, you have to pick it from the upward direction.
- Potion: From Super Repel Pokeball location, keep heading left and then up. After you pass the second rock, there’s a hidden Potion between two grass patches.
- Burn Heal: From the Potion location, keep walking to the right until you see a Pokeball. Or just head straight up from the Cycling Road gate tree until you see four rocks. Grab it.
- Poison Barb: Once you’ve met a Hiker, keep walking to the left until you see a Pokeball.
- Stardust: After you walk down the stairs inside the Wayward Cave Secret Entrance, head to the top-most rock in the left corner. Interact with it.
- Max Ether: With your bike at Mach Mode, keep going to the right on the first bike ramps in Wayward Cave Secret Entrance.
- Grip Claw: After crossing the first bike beam in Wayward Cave Secret Entrance, head up and jump up the ramp with Mach Mode. It’s inside a Pokeball.
- Revive: Use Mach Mode the get past the top-most bike beam and ramps and get to a Pokeball location.
- TM2 Earthquake: After finishing the bike ramps and beams puzzle, go up the stairs.
- Potion: Head right and interact with the middle rock before breaking the rock on the left in the Wayward Cave main entrance.
- Rare Candy: Go to the northwest corner of Wayward Cave’s main entrance. Go down past the two Trainers you should find a Pokeball.
- Super Potion: From the northwest corner of Wayward Cave’s main entrance, go down and take left and walk down until you meet two Hikers. Go past them and interact with the left-most rock.
- TM32 Double Team: Head left from the two Hikers, go down past the two Trainers and you should find a Pokeball.
- Escape Rope: Go to the northern part of Wayward Cave main entrance’s main path, head left, and break the rock. While walking downwards there should be a Pokeball near some rocks.
- Burn Heal: From the Escape Rope Pokeball, follow the path and keep taking right. Walk down past the two Trainers and interact with the first rock you see.
- Potion: At the four-way intersection before you head right for the Burn Heal, go down. Before you break the rock, interact with the left-most rock.
- Tiny Mushroom: From the Potion rock, follow the path. At the fork of the road, go down. Past another two Trainers there are rocks, interact with the middle one.
- Nugget: From the Tiny Mushroom, keep going up and follow the path until you take a left and inside a chamber with six rocks in it. Interact with the lonely rock at the bottom of the room.
Both Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl are available now on the Nintendo Switch.