RazerCon is an annual event that the Razer brand holds every year. Due to coronavirus restrictions, RazerCon 2020 is going to take place entirely online. Wherever Razer has a channel, gamers can watch the event on October 10. The company is excited to show the gaming community a few new things. While we don’t know exactly what the event entails, the company has released a few details.
The event is scheduled for October 10, which is only a few days away. Some of the day’s events and features include:
- Keynote speech from Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan, featuring mixed reality against the skyline of Singapore
- World’s first RGB lighting-reactive livestream
- Panels held by company’s product managers; Discussions of current product lines in addition to new and unannounced products
- Content showcase from Romero Games, Perfect World Entertainment, Paradox Interactive, and others
- Appearances from celebrities in the gaming world, meet and greet session with CloakZy and CourageJD, and PaladinAmber
- EDM concert with top artists, and a metal concert headlined by Sabaton and Herman Li (DragonForce) with guests Tosin Abasi and Tim Henderson
RazerCon Mixed Reality Keynote
In keeping with social distancing, RazerCon 2020’s keynote speech will be delivered remotely. Min-Liang Chen, CEO and Co-Founder of Razer, will present some of Razer’s newest products and services. He will have a few announcements to make as well. Using augmented reality technology, the keynote will be accompanied by real-time effects. Much of what the RazerCon audience will see is taken from real-world photography and video footage. All of this will be visible during the livestream, giving it a unique touch and some stunning visuals.
RGB Lighting-Reactive Livestream
Powered by the Chroma RGB suite of products, RazerCon will allow some user participation. Consisting of 16.8 million color combinations, the Razer hardware will change colors along with the live music. In addition to the reactive lighting, the audio will be enhanced by experts of THX Ltd. Experience unique sound quality from featured EDM artists. Sabaton and Herman Li of DragonForce will also be presenting music.
There are many exclusives planned for announcements at RazerCon 2020. Romero Games, creators of Empire of Sin, will be showcasing their game highlighting the title’s ‘game pillars’. All of this will be presented by award-winning game designer Brenda Romero. Viewers can also look forward to a look at the new Torchlight III by Echtra Games and Perfect World Entertainment. There will also be a presentation regarding Mutant Year Zero‘s movie adaption, directed by Hasraf ‘HaZ’ Dulull.
Joining all this will be news from Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Western Digital, and many others. Those with interest in attending can check here for updates. Will you be making time for RazerCon 2020? Let me know in the comments.