Redout 2, the next entry in the lightspeed racing series, has a new gameplay overview trailer. As a pilot in the most exciting sport in the galaxy, players will take on all rivals in high-tech hover ships. Developer 34BigThings and publisher Saber Interactive still plan to release the game later this year. Redout 2 will be available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, Nintendo Switch, Steam, and the Epic Games Store.
Take a look at the new Redout 2 trailer below.
About the game
Hop in your hover ship and put your racing skills to the test. Right at launch, the game will feature 36 unique tracks. All of which are playable in reverse, which brings the total count to 72 playable tracks. The entire library of tracks is playable across the single-player and multiplayer modes. Multiplayer features full 12-player races on the PC, PlayStation, and Xbox releases. Meanwhile, the Nintendo Switch version will feature only 6-player races.
Players can customize their ships with a wide variety of enhancements, both cosmetic and practical. On the track, each ship is highly controllable with the ability to strafe, tilt, and boost. Additionally, Redout 2 features a full calibration suite for players that would like an extra assist.
Key features revealed in the new Redout 2 trailer
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km/h and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Take on rivals in intense online multiplayer. Dive into fresh challenges with regularly added custom content and seasons featuring bonus rewards.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hover ship with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints, and more!
- Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.