The timeless colony sim RimWorld is an untamed single-player experience featuring a wild, randomized story-driven world of cannibal doctors and flesh-eating turtles. This modern successor to the cult hit Dwarf Fortress is one of the best sci-fi survival city builders on the market today. Rimworld’s rare discount is now live, thanks to the 2021 Steam Summer Sale, which means new players will be coming into the classic title for the first time. However, they don’t need to partake in the infamous tribe enslavement or organ harvesting alone. Via the RimWorld Multiplayer Mod, players can manage their colonies together with their friends.
The mod itself is known as “Zetrith’s Multiplayer Mod.” You can download the mod from the RimWorld Steam Workshop, its GitHub page, or the official Ludeon forums. The RimWorld Multiplayer Mod is compatible with the latest versions of RimWorld and supports the Royalty DLC. However, players must install the Harmony Mod for any versions of the game past 1.0. This particular mod is a C# library that supports many of the mods created post-early access.
Here is are the quick steps to our RimWorld Multiplayer Mod guide:
- Create a single player world, choose your colonists and landing site, and wait until your colonists get out of their pods
- Save the game, press escape, and click the Host button on your menu
- Configure your desired settings on the Host window and then click host
- When hosting through Steam, connect through your Steam friends list
- With the ‘direct’ option, port forward 30502 through UDP
Keep in mind that this is strictly a co-op mod, which means PvP isn’t feasible. On the other hand, several players can run multiple colonies simultaneously by dividing the different sites between players to manage numerous settlements at once. Additionally, RimWorld can handle each settlement operating independently by using a separate instance of the game running to keep everything in order. It is important to note that the creators of the RimWorld Multiplayer Mod recommend that a single play session does not exceed more than eight players at once (for technical reasons).
Our Other Guides:
- Monster Hunter Rise Guide: Shrine Ruins Sub-Camp Location and Quest
- Monster Hunter Rise Guide: Sandy Plains Sub-Camp Locations and Quest
- Fortnite Guide: All CB Radio Locations
Check out the video above for a visual and more detailed RimWorld Multiplayer Mod guide.