Seems like there’s a new update for SMITE, and here’s the complete list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The third-person multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game was developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios in 2014. In Smite, players control a god, goddess, or other mythological figure and take part in team-based combat, using their abilities and tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player-controlled minions. The latest version, released a while ago, brings a bunch of things to the game. Let’s dive deep into SMITE update 12.40 patch notes.
SMITE Update 12.40 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue with Conquest Multi-Queue not assigning players a role in the pre-match lobby
- Fixed an issue where Multi-Queue would show gamemode text as “None” in the upper left corner of the pre-match lobby
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to reroll Gods in Assault using Multi-Queue
- General Gameplay
- Fixed an issue with the Titans not receiving stacks of Health and Protections for alive friendly structures (towers and phoenixes)
- Fixed an issue where the Bastions could be healed by God abilities. Bastions now have 90% healing reduction applied
- Fixed an issue where the Imps that landed from his ultimate ability could proc in-hand item effects
- Cannoneer’s Cuirass
- Changed the radius that allies receive bonus gold from killing a minion with the passive from 30 to 80 units
- Fixed Item Icon
- Cannoneer’s Cuirass
Game Modes – SMITE Update 12.40 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where Structures on the map were not giving the Titan the intended HP Increase
- This was fixed in an earlier hotfix but being mentioned again just for clarity. Many issues were fixed in previous hotfixes so please consult the Trello board if there is an issue concerning you that is not in these notes. It might already be fixed or slated for 10.2. Thanks!
- Speed Buff Nerf
- Decreased Base Movement Speed from 14% to 10%
- 14+2+2+2 (20% total) to 10+2+2+2 (16% total)
- Reminder – the 2 speed buffs on the map do not stack with each other
- Decreased Magical Power Buff from 20 to 15
- Decreased Physical Power buff from 15 to 10
Warriors/Solo, by most accounts, are the strongest class/role of 10.1. The data mostly backs this up so we have a series of changes that will affect the class/role. Some of these changes also stretch into Guardians or Assassins depending on the build preferences, but in general they all serve similar goals – bringing down damage potential of these classes. Sundering Axe is the first in this series.
- Decreased Base Current Health Steal from 4% to 3% on the Passive
- Decreased Bonus Damage from 60 to 48
- (Decreased from 15 per tick to 12 per tick)
- Decreased the Bonus Damage of 200 to 180
- (Decreased from 50 per tick to 45 per tick)
- The +15% Current Health Bonus damage scaling will now apply to gods only
The plague is spreading! This item can potentially apply to multiple enemy gods and the damage can ramp up quickly. We are bringing this down to make sure that damage isn’t too overwhelming. We also have more nerfs and fixes planned for this item in the 10.2 main update
- Decreased Damage per tick from 40 to 35
- This item now deals Magical Bonus Damage instead of True Damage
TABLET OF DESTINIES
We don’t usually do many buffs in the Bonus Balance, but we wanted to draw some attention to a new item while also giving the Mage Class some help. Tablet is a powerful item but can require a lot of focus and patience to stack. The damage will now be more worth the effort it requires to stack.
- Increased Damage per stack from 0.08% to 0.14%
Gods – SMITE Update 12.40 Patch Notes
SMITE’s newest god is putting up some big numbers, possibly because Warriors in general are, but more on that later. Surtr feels a cut above the rest of his class, and lore aside, we do want him to be closer in balance to the rest of the gods. He’s getting 2 key nerfs. One to his tankiness and another to his damage, to bring him down across the board.
- Decreased the Protections Buff from picking up a fragment from 10 to 6
- Decreased Base Damage from 45/65/85/105/125 to 35/55/75/95/115
- (This damage triggers twice per fire of this ability)
This new god made a huge impact and worlds and continues to be a top pick among the highest skill levels. Maui brings a wide variety of supportive features to his teams, so similarly to Surtr he is seeing nerfs across multiple abilities. He will provide less movement speed, deal less damage, and have a longer ult cooldown in order to give the other supports a fighting chance against him.
- Decreased Movement Speed from 8/10/12/14/16% to 8/9/10/11/12%
- Decreased Base Damage from 110/165/220/275/335 to 90/145/200/255/315
- Increased Cooldown from 90s to 110s
Our last 2 nerfs are Hunters that dominated the previous season. Hunters might need some more help overall as a role in 10.1 but these two are still the top performers. Cernunnos is losing burst damage and lane clear for his nerf.
- Decreased Initial Damage from 70/105/140/175/210 to 55/90/125/160/195
This goddess creates powerful early lane pressure through her Imbued arrows, so Strike Shot is being nerfed, especially toward the early game. This same ability gives Ishtar powerful objective clear, so spread shot is being nerfed for the late-game.
MBUE ARROWS – SMITE Update 12.40 Patch Notes
- Spread Shot Decreased Side Damage from 5/6.25/7.5/8.75/10% to 5/5.75/6.5/7.25/8% of your Basic Attack Damage
- Strike Shot Decreased Damage from 14/18/22/26/30 to 8/13/18/23/28
New Skin Voice Actors
- Ice Wraith Geb: Kamran Nikhad
SMITE is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and Mac. For more information regarding this patch, visit the official SMITE site.