Have you ever been curious about a game only to find out that it costs too much? Ever wanted to play a game so badly that you screamed “I wish that this game was free, if only for this one simple weekend!” Well, you’re in luck my frugal gamer because The Elder Scrolls Online is free until December 14th on the PC and Xbox One.
According to their website, The Elder Scrolls Online, or ESO, is free for PC immediately while the Xbox One version will be free starting Thursday the 10th. Before you start cranking out levels on the PC, by grinding the ol’ MMO way, you’ll first need to find a website that offers the PC download code. Oh, here you go. Next you will need to follow theses simple instructions:
- Create a game account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com
- Activate your account by clicking the link in the activation email sent to you.
- Return to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com and sign in with your new account.
- On your account page, click “Redeem Code.” Enter your code in the popup box that appears.
- Once your code has been successfully redeemed, a download link will appear on your account page. Download the game and you’ll be ready to play!
For the Xbox One, all you need to do is download the game and start playing. Simple enough.
But if a free weekend wasn’t enough to butter your sweet roll loving self into gaming “Oblivion”, the fine people over at ESO are also offering a variety of discounted prices.
The following items, including the base game, are reduced:
60% on your purchase of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel
750 crown packs will be 25% off
1,500 crown packs will be 25% off
3,000 crown packs will be 33% off
5,500 crown packs will be 40% off
So, will you be taking the bait this weekend by diving head first into The Elder Scrolls Online? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Gaming from the swampy flatlands of Florida since 1989, Alex D’Alessandro is always looking for a way to stay inside and escape the southern heat.