Without a doubt, mobile gameplay options have always carried stigma encompassing quality amongst the greater gaming community. In the ongoing debate of Console versus PC, mobile gameplay alternatives tend to be relegated to a lesser category from Console alongside PC equivalents, or rather, not regarded as ‘true games.’ For a while, these were valid criticisms since a myriad of mobile games exuded the feel and look of cookie-cutter copies of other games with limited gaming or abusive free frameworks whose goal was the exploitation of addictive behaviors associated with tablets and smartphones.
Fortunately, it has gotten to a point where flagship mobile gadgets have the capability of emulating the entire gaming encounter (including slot games) in pocket form. Furthermore, while there was the acceptance of hardware limits imposed on mobile gaming developers, it has reached a level where the ‘gamer phone’ is more than just a marketing gimmick.
King of Kings
It is a mobile gameplay option from Elex (situated in Hong Kong) exuding real-time strategy with a modernized military backdrop. King of Kings innovatively mimics the dual-core combat mode: World War Battle (attacking or defending on World Map) and Encounter Battle (combat action in real time).
Players act as the both the Supreme and Base Commander, build their bases, control the Special Forces to fight enemies on the battlefield (for example, the Italian Government), and train military troops.
- A universe MMO where participants can join and fight with millions of players from across the globe.
- Dual-core Combat where you will; Encounter Battle and World War Battle, (as mentioned earlier) with Tanks, Air Forces, and command Infantry.
- Build Base which encompasses establishing and growing your military base, manufacture war equipment, and train your troops.
- Global Legion Rally that entails the creation of worldwide alliances, and clashing with the rival ones, with the aim of leading the Legion to victory.
What is New: After a few updates, players can now:
- Optimize the UI by adding an item’s information for Store or adding the Elite Troops’ traits
- Optimize the animation by adding an Elite Troop’s animation or raising the HQ flag
- Optimize the tutorial for beginners
- Fix bugs
The Pros of Playing the King of Kings Mobile Game among Others
- Convenience– Participants attain greater accessibility since they get to play the gameplay alternatives at any time and place. Upon downloading and installing the game(s) onto your tablet or smartphone, a mélange of the features no longer require an Internet connection, since they operate via your device’s internal drive.
- Health– Relishing in this game among others has proved to provide specific health advantages, running the gamut from stress and depression reduction, in addition to the increment of dopamine levels (what makes you feel euphoric during playing and winning).
- Free Gameplay to Low Cost– The majority of mobile games (including this one) are free to download and install. Where purchases may be necessary for the gameplay, they vary from a cadre of dollars to a maximum of $20, hence making them a fraction of the cost of a console game.
Similar Mobile Gaming Alternatives
Lord of War– While the game is available for free-play some features may require real money purchases. Players get to:
- Partake as a legendary lord: It entails the exploration of territories, challenging fellow participants, acquisition of Excalibur, and making wise decisions as a leader.
- Implement the War Chess Strategy: You can freely pin down your troops, and go into battle with other players from around the world, in real time.
- Rule a Kingdom: It involves creating your castle, preparing for war, gathering resources, and upgrading buildings.
- Enhance Soldiers: It involves training a profusion of troops ranging from Archers, Cavalry, and Infantry.
- Ascend Heroes: It involves ascending and recruiting heroes exuding a set of unique skills alongside character, and allowing them to lead your kingdom.
- War Systems- It encompasses encountering the excitement of war in 3D graphics as armies clash.
- Alliance: You have the freedom of forming alliances with fellow players worldwide and participating in epic battles.
Last Battleground: It is a web-based, Mech Shooter, Multiplayer game which guarantees you a spectacular battling experience. Punters get to delight in the invincible Mech and its endless powers, with just a few clicks. Additionally, they get use heavy weaponry such as missiles to take down their enemies and relish in the ambiance around turning into scorched earth, in the blink of an eye.
Some features include Weapon and Mech combos, creating a unique guild and guiding them to glory and victory, and becoming a part of the most epic battles with the aim of challenging participants worldwide.
From the above, it is evident that Mobile gaming continues to experience astronomically high growth not only with software and hardware advancements but also due to how ingrained tablets and smartphones have become in our daily lives.
Visual journalist/Graduating student, University of Missouri-Columbia. Lover of everything in the gaming industry and an avid fan of all films!